Formal Night Pics

isleschick3

Great Pics Thanks! I am so excited I just found a dress I love really cheap at Marshalls for 1 of the formal nights! I can't wait to wear it.

I don't want to get too personal, but give us your age group, many people can come up with suggestions more fitting to you. However, I'm wondering, are you just a bit worried about the degree of formality?

BTW, I love looking at other peoples pics, I'll have to get my teenage son to help me upload one of ours sometime. Aha! I found a way to do it!

screen-small

I'll list (for anyone interested) BIL, DD, DD, DH, myself and Aunt, last year in Alaska, 2nd formal night. I'm proud to note DH has lost 40 lbs this year, he's now the weight he was when we married (almost 20 years now!). I'm wearing a beaded jacket over a black coctail length dress. DD is in a plain black crepe A-line dress. I'm glad to say she is now over her black stage and will be wearing color this year!

Eeek, sorry it's so big!

Wow...love the pictures everyone!

Maelcu: That is a wonderful photo! Great dresses on your and your DD. Love red!

Kathy, love your hair! You and your DH make a great couple! What a nice family photo!

~e

Hi:) everyone's pictures are lovely!

Kathy:D it is so nice to see you...and you and your family take

a wonderful picture!

It is neat to see what you look like! And I agree, you make a great

looking couple:)

Gee, thanks, I'm blushing.

The hair is a bit shorter now and has some highlighting in it. I look at the pic and am thinking, perhaps I'll go back to darker again. Of course, I can hardly see my hair here.

I'll be wearing the same jacket on our next cruise (just a weekender), this time with black dress pants.

I just wanted to get an idea of what everyone wears, and I just love pictures. I am actual in my mid 20's this will be our first cruise celebrating our honeymoon...a little late we got married in August but didn't have time to go anywhere.

formalnight.jpg

DH and I on recent cruise to Alaska. We aren't "dressy" people but I thought this sparkly velvet jacket dressed up my Mirasol top and mid-calf length skirt in stretch knit. DH, who hates suits, brought a sports jacket and managed to forget to pack a shirt and tie to go with it! I told him he looked just like his favorite sports commentators. My silver beaded evening bag is vintage. So are we! :p

Here's one from our "girls cruise" last January. I'm on the far left in the blue dress (bought at a consignment store for $25!). The other girls are my friend Monica (known her since high school), my friend Jane (known her since the late 80's) and my "baby" sister Rosie.

Lori :0)

formal.jpg.d464a1539585991b1280db3de999c859.jpg

Lori...ya'll look great! That must have been a great time with your friends and "baby" sister!

Airmchairtravelwoman...I really love that jacket! It has just the right amount of sparkle, and great hand-bag! You're DH looks quite suave regardless of the lack of shirt and tie.

This thread is actually fun seeing everyone in their formal attire!

~e

Lori...ya'll look great! That must have been a great time with your friends and "baby" sister!

Airmchairtravelwoman...I really love that jacket! It has just the right amount of sparkle, and great hand-bag! You're DH looks quite suave regardless of the lack of shirt and tie.

This thread is actually fun seeing everyone in their formal attire!

~e

Thanks, MsRed! This really has been a fun thread, it's great to see the pictures of everyone. Let's have some more!

Archived