SDP and Moderno - STAR

bulldogatl

I've never had the specialty dining package before but they included it my fare if I paid $30 more for a oceanview cabin. I figured that was a good deal. Plus no single supplement. My cruise is in two weeks and I decided to book the specialty restaurants in advance due to the port intensity of this Baltic cruise and spaces were very limited already. So rather than the MDR, on this nine night cruise I'm doing to Cagney's four times, LeBistro two times, La Cucina twice and wanted to try Moderno once. When I made reservations, NCL charged $29 for Moderno. I read where Moderno is included. Hoping they'll cancel the charge while on board. I'm very surprised at how quickly the specialty restaurants book up now. Anyone have any thoughts about Moderno being an add on? Did I make the right choices in my allocation of venues? Oh the troubles of a cruiser!! lol

When did you book the cruise?

Unless it was booked quite a while ago then the package will only be for a certain number of nights. The other three restaurants will not result in a charge in advance as they are a la carte, but Moderno does.

Perhaps that's what's happening.

Ok, well now I'm kinda pissed off (pardon my French) because I thought it was for 9 nights. Was just told, "oh no sir HAHAHA, it's just for three nights". So basically, I'm wondering if the three nights are better than the internet package? Yes, Moderno is included but I have to book it on board. Oh well, I guess I won't gain as much weight! Thanks Keith for your guidance!

Hi Colin,

I never got a confirmation email. I just double checked. I did print out my documents on NCL.com. Those don't even specify the program. When they first introduced this (I'm at platinum level with them) it was all you wanted to eat whenever. The CS rep on the phone told me they keep cutting it down. Thanks!