Where to go next?

seashell36

DH & I just returned from Inspiration (10/10 thru 10/15). Our first cruise and now we're hooked!!!:D We want to cruise again late next spring. I was looking at departures from Mobile (the Holiday). Which port is better Costa Maya or Playa del Carmen? We had a ball in Cozumel and wanted to go back again.

Welcome to the addiction....nothing like a cruise!

As for the port choices....Costa Maya is a NOTHING port. Playa del Carmen has incredible Mayan ruins.

But both are taking a horrible beating at the moment from Wilma. There may not be much left to visit when this storm ends. What is happening to this area is so sad. Reports from there sound bad--the strom is just sitting on top of this area with high winds and rain battering the area.

I think the hardest part of cruising is deciding which cruise to take. We loved our first time on Carnival so much (without the kids) that we decided on the same ship and internerary to take the kids on.

Hey Autumn Hehehehe I'll put it back.;) I would be bumed if you changed your Signature!;) You Cruise soon!!! I know your excited!:)

YOUR BACK!!:p YES, IM VERY EXCITED BUT FEELING BAD FOR THOSE LIVING IN THE YUCATAN PENINSULA. WE MAY BE VISITING OTHER PORTS!:eek:

Now you may want to try a "newer" ship too with a slightly different itinerary. April is about as late as I would venture to the Western Caribbean but a good Southern Caribean itinerary is very good; St. Thomas, St. Martin, Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, Antigua, etc. Three sea days and three ports gives you a good balance of time on the sea and time on land. The Spirit Class of ships are nice as are the Glory, Miracle, Jewel, etc. and you could even try another line like RCI. The choice is yours.

Archived