Cruises to the Caribbean after April?

pteague

I want to book a Caribbean cruise in late April or May of 2017. I noticed that the San Juan and Virgin Islands cruise has a departure date of 01 Apr 2017, but nothing later.

Does this mean that will be the last cruise of the year to those islands? Or does it mean Windstar simply hasn't posted more dates yet.

Yes, there is: Island Windjammmers has three ships sailing in the Caribbean all year. Smaller ships, but oh so beautiful, and I can recommend them highly. 28-passenger Vela and 12-passenger Diamant are true sailing ships. The 24-passenger Sagitta is a motor-sailer. Casual, lotsa fun, cozy but well-appointed cabins with own A/C controls and bathrooms. Very good food. And an excellent crew. You don't work, you just enjoy. For those with a spirit of adventure and the ability to relax, enjoy water sports, discover nature and some funky beach bars. IWJ ships sail all year, ported in Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Tortola at different times....take your pick.

islandwindjammers.com

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be sailing IWJ's Diamant over TGiving week, out of Grenada. Great time to sail and wonderful islands, most of them not on the big ships' itinerary...we've done sail this 2x before.

I hate to thread jack, but I can't figure out how to send you a PM SailorJM.

I've been checking out Island Windjammers and it's hard for me to tell how much room on deck there is for lounging. I assume it's much smaller than Windstar, but is there space for everyone to hang out on deck?

Pteague, plenty of space on deck, for and aft as well as in the salon area.

The ships are smaller, than Windstar, yes, but there also are far fewer passengers on board (Diamant: 10, Vela: 26, Sagitta: 24)--we've always found them to be a fun group of people of all ages (20s to 80s) with a like mind re sailing, adventure, the laid-back and totally casual style, dislike of crowds, etc.

You can send me an email at jm.walker05@gmail.com