Epic Laundry Question

Dramamamahil

Does anyone know when they do the laundry special on the Epic? We are embarking in Rome but will be traveling a bunch before and after the cruise so laundry is a must for us. Having the laundry special mid cruise based on the Barcelona embarkation would mess things up for us!

Hi

We are on board at present and they just had the laundry special today while docked at Civitavecchia (Rome). Not sure if that applies to all, but it is the midpoint of our cruise having boarded at Barcelona.

Regards

Claire and Russ

We also embarked in Rome (Civi) after a week+ traveling in Italy. We planned on them having the laundry special based on a Barcelona schedule, which would be our embarkation day, worked very well for us. I don't see how this would mess anything up, we had few clean clothes left so first thing we did was ask for a bag and turned it in. It cost $19.95 for filling a large bag, much cheaper than laundromats in Rome. We had it back the evening of our second day, earlier than estimated. When you get on in Civi the dailies will be on day four, the whole cruise runs on a Barcelona - Barcelona time frame, didn't bother us at all except we had to join three roll calls (smart Barcelona embarkers did the same) and had the only cc meet-up on our fourth day.

We also embarked in Rome (Civi) after a week+ traveling in Italy. We planned on them having the laundry special based on a Barcelona schedule, which would be our embarkation day, worked very well for us. I don't see how this would mess anything up, we had few clean clothes left so first thing we did was ask for a bag and turned it in. It cost $19.95 for filling a large bag, much cheaper than laundromats in Rome. We had it back the evening of our second day, earlier than estimated. When you get on in Civi the dailies will be on day four, the whole cruise runs on a Barcelona - Barcelona time frame, didn't bother us at all except we had to join three roll calls (smart Barcelona embarkers did the same) and had the only cc meet-up on our fourth day.

Because we are only traveling for 3 days before the cruise, but a week after the cruise. So we won't have much to wash on embarkation day but need the clothes to last a while post cruise. We will figure it out.

Make sure you fill out all the paperwork correctly. Our laundry day was Wednesday and I filled the bag. By my calculation, I paid $19.95 for about $80 worth of washing at inflated ship prices. I got back to the cabin at 6:00 and the bag was on the bed with a note from the steward asking me to complete and sign the order form - I had just put the information on the outside of the bag. I called him and he picked it up promptly. It was back in my hands the following night. They honored the 19.95 price even though it was my fault that it was not in by noon as requested. That earned the steward an extra $10.

Because we are only traveling for 3 days before the cruise, but a week after the cruise. So we won't have much to wash on embarkation day but need the clothes to last a while post cruise. We will figure it out.

I see. You could try asking for the special on your day four. I haven't read if anyone has been successful with that. Non-special is quite expensive per piece on the ship, but I'd hate to waste my vacation travel time in a laundry.