Carnival What is Faster to the Fun?

marcyjane

TBH..I'm surprised there are any FTTF for sale on the Alaska or Hawaii cruises. I haven't done Alaska but on our Hawaii cruise it was like 70% platinum & diamond. They had to hold the party in the showroom.

I don't know how many FTTF were on the Legend in Alaska other than they did not sit in the lounge with diamond and platinum for tender debarkation. They were told to go to another area. There were two stair wells leading down to the tender boarding. The other stairwell were FTTF and there were quite a few of them standing and waiting for us to board the tender. In our group there were quite a few who had private excursions. They were not allowed to join the two groups who paid Carnival for their excursion and who boarded before everyone. This really set the diamond/platinum people off. Some were talking about withholding all of their tips. We didn't have an excursion, we just wanted to go have a beer and relax. Went to the Red Dog Saloon and sat listening to a salty old man sing risque songs.:D

The Captains party was packed and the booze flowed freely. Two kinds of snacks were served, sushi or mini quiches which were very good. As far as the free drink coupon goes, I gave mine to DH at brunch. It was too early for me to start drinking.:o

I don't know how many FTTF were on the Legend in Alaska other than they did not sit in the lounge with diamond and platinum for tender debarkation. They were told to go to another area. There were two stair wells leading down to the tender boarding. The other stairwell were FTTF and there were quite a few of them standing and waiting for us to board the tender. In our group there were quite a few who had private excursions. They were not allowed to join the two groups who paid Carnival for their excursion and who boarded before everyone. This really set the diamond/platinum people off. Some were talking about withholding all of their tips. We didn't have an excursion, we just wanted to go have a beer and relax. Went to the Red Dog Saloon and sat listening to a salty old man sing risque songs.:D

The Captains party was packed and the booze flowed freely. Two kinds of snacks were served, sushi or mini quiches which were very good. As far as the free drink coupon goes, I gave mine to DH at brunch. It was too early for me to start drinking.:o

Good grief, hold tips from all staff because they couldn't get off as quick as they wanted.

I would think excursions in Alaska are a biggie compared to run of the mill things in the Caribbean.

Good grief, hold tips from all staff because they couldn't get off as quick as they wanted.

I would think excursions in Alaska are a biggie compared to run of the mill things in the Caribbean.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Some were complaining to Jen the CD and she twisted her story. Excursions are a big thing in Alaska, we don't do excursions - they are over priced. We'd rather go have king crab somewhere and walk around shopping. Did do a couple of hiking excursions then DH got a knee replacement so that was the end of the hiking trips. We have a Caribbean cruise coming up in November on Princess. I did book a New York City excursion - the 9/11 memorial. Looking for a more mellow cruise, I don't have my expectations up too high.:D

Yeah I thought the same thing. Some were complaining to Jen the CD and she twisted her story. Excursions are a big thing in Alaska, we don't do excursions - they are over priced. We'd rather go have king crab somewhere and walk around shopping. Did do a couple of hiking excursions then DH got a knee replacement so that was the end of the hiking trips. We have a Caribbean cruise coming up in November on Princess. I did book a New York City excursion - the 9/11 memorial. Looking for a more mellow cruise, I don't have my expectations up too high.:D

I'm with you on opting out on excursions in Alaska and going for crab n adult beverages. Where we differ is ... it's never to early for a drink! 😎

I'm with you on opting out on excursions in Alaska and going for crab n adult beverages. Where we differ is ... it's never to early for a drink! 😎

I'm a light weight -except at 6:00 pm. That's wine time.:D