Don't Be Loyal to Royal Cause Royal won't Be Loyal To You

I interpreted the post to be that the OP was acting childish and if he/she stops sailing RCCL they will no longer be in the lounge. More of a play on "kids in the lounges" issue.

M

I am amazed at the fact that this had to be explained.... SMH

Some people need to be reminded that:

It is a level in the "Crown & Anchor Society"

Not a status in life.

The C&A is just another rewards program that

anyone who sails on a RCL ship is eligible for,

and as any other rewards program, the more you

participate the more your rewarded, it will never

change your status in life.

Mac

You all don't have to worry about me taking up a seat in the lounge... I'll be out having fun... I didn't pay 1000's of $ to sit inside and gossip... I can do that at home... for free

As a lowly D+ with 279 points, I guess I just don't expect individual service from a mass-market line. I mean, I am on a ship with 2-6000 other people. I've come to accept that I won't have access to some areas of the ship. Thankfully with their new rules, there are at least more options ... drinks on a card in almost any bar onboard sure does alleviate crowded lounges and god-forbid sitting in someone's "spot" if actually are able to find a seat.

In the end, we all know that these types of programs are subject to change without notice. That makes going out of your way to "earn loyalty" a bit silly. Cruise because you like to and let the rest be a bonus ... and if that means going on other lines, that's great. You might find something you've been missing with RCI. You might also find that RCI has a few offerings to keep you with them other than C&A.

Amen.

First hand info from the Liberty...

I was witness to the OP's behavior in the DL and let me say he was loud, disruptive, rude and inconsiderate. Might have been the worst behavior we have witnessed in a DL, CL or SL. Bragged he went and sat in the SL until the Concierge asked him to leave. Declared he would blast Royal on social media. He tried the entire week to gain allies but to no avail. Most folks showed some restraint but there were a few that engaged him and let him know what they thought of his rants. Honestly had I not been there I am not sure I would believe the childish antics.

Visited the lounge most every night around 7 and always found a seat.

Edited by looking4info

Sure...enjoy your cruising on the other lines!

There are other forums here on CC for those other lines also. ;)

We have tried them, still like Royal the best. :)

We agree, RCCL is our favorite but not our only line

You meet people who are stinkers in all walks of life and a cruise ship is no different, but. . . the more I cruise (D+) the number of "Top Tier" people we meet who act rude and pretentious seem to be increasing.:eek:

Honestly, I've never heard so much discussion about status and proper recognition in the CL as I did on our last Royal cruise. And the complaints!:rolleyes: If I had that many complaints, I certainly would be trying a different cruise line!

Sherri:)