South Pacific

Can't tell you anything about Mystery Island as our call there was cancelled due to rough seas and potential storms. Isle of Pines is very basic and even though I have been there twice I am not sure I have seen beach chairs etc for hire. I would suggest you just take a towel to sit on. Maybe someone else can help a bit more.:)

No, nothing for hire at any of those ports. You *might* be able to hire snorkeling gear in Noumea, but I haven't seen anything.

Just take a couple of beach towels from the ship. If you think being on the sand will be really uncomfortable then you might think about taking your own.

Mystery Island has a limited amount of snorkel equipment.

Larger things like chairs though aren't an option. You just need to bring your own towel or suitable equivalent (remembering that it's transported there by tender, which doesn't have a lot of space).

Hi, I'm not sure if this is helpful, we traveled on P&O's Pacific Jewel and we were able to hire paddle boards off the ship before we arrived on the Isle of Pines. They may have sold snorkel gear in the shops on board from memory (but not 100% sure), we brought our own from home though.

Think you could hire snorkeling gear in Lifou also - didn't take a lot of notice as we took our own, but I'm fairly sure there were one or two women not far from the tender with them - possibly further round near Jinek Bay too (where better snorkeling is) - but was too steep for me to get down there so we didn't attempt it.

I have only done a couple of sth.pacific cruises but I can't remember organised chairs, etc, for hire at any of the beaches/ports we visited.

In my opinion the sth pacific ports are really lacking compared to similar island ports on Caribbean cruises.