Disembarktion time - Rome

mairead224

Hi,

Just wondering if I have booked the port pickup way too early in Rome. Preferably I would like to stay on the ship for as long as possible but also don't want to be standing at the port with 5 other adults and 6 kids!!!

The ship gets in at 7am. I have booked the port pickup for 8am. What are your thoughts?

Hi,

Just wondering if I have booked the port pickup way too early in Rome. Preferably I would like to stay on the ship for as long as possible but also don't want to be standing at the port with 5 other adults and 6 kids!!!

The ship gets in at 7am. I have booked the port pickup for 8am. What are your thoughts?

depends on what your pick up is for? Flight to catch?

Also depending on your cabin, you might not be able to even be off an hour after embarkation

It depends on your disembarcation priority (i.e. the colour of your luggage tags). If your ship docks on schedule, it takes time to tie it down, put out the gangplanks, immigration police okay, ground staff ready, etc. etc. and then of course for your baggage to be off loaded into the terminal. If you're in Yacht Club or are a Black member, your bags will go off first. Lacking this, I think your disembark will be closer to 8.30-9.00 on an average.

my ship is scheduled to dock at 8am in room. I'll be on Msc splendida. I wish to book my flight that departs from Rome at 1500. There's a direct bus service that departs from port to FCO airport at 9.15am.

Will i be able to catch that bus?