Booking Specialty Dinners Through Studio Concierge

SNJCruisers

I had read that the Studio Concierge can set up reservations for the specialty restaurants. Is this indeed true? I will be going on the Escape next month and will purchase the 4UDP. I'm assuming that most of the prime time slots will be gone so I'm hoping that the Concierge would be able to hook me up either to dine by myself or with other studio cabin cruisers that wish to dine at Le Bistro or Cagneys.

Yes- when I was on the Epic this was done. They had a board to write messages on. If someone wanted to dine at a specialty they would write the restaurant, time, date etc. interested people would write their name on the list and the solo coordinator would book the restaurant. The restaurants are still able to be booked onboard as only a percentage are able to be booked online prior to cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by karoo

The times I have utilized the studio lounge, the staff member has been an activity person, from the cruise the director staff, not really a concierge and the only specialty reservation was on both cruises one night of the 7 day cruise, a group dinner was arranged in a specialty - one was in Moderno and I can't remember the other one. Perhaps others have had other experiences. what I did for my upcoming was make reservations for times I wanted, purposely not making anything for the first night so I can go to the lounge and see what the schedule is and then make changes if needed. Didn't want to take the risk of not getting in somewhere I wanted.