Dinner and seating on POA

oceandream

Aloha,

Can we request and get easily a table for two in main dining and specialized restaurants on Pride of America? Thank you for sharing experience.

Yes, not a problem. When a group of two walks up, they assume you want a table for two.

Aloha,

Can we request and get easily a table for two in main dining and specialized restaurants on Pride of America? Thank you for sharing experience.

If you like, you can make reservations for the specialty restaurants 90 days in advance of your sailing, 100 if you are in a suite. If you plan to dine in a specialty more than one night, it might be worthwhile to buy at least a 3 day ( the min number you can buy ) Specialty Dining Package or SDP. Only Moderno and Teppanyaki still have flat cover fees. The rest are a la carte and you pay individually for apps, sides, mains and desserts with pricing similar to restaurants at home. It can get quite expensive, but if you have the package it works out to about $20 pp per meal rather than likely $30 and up.

Aloha,

When my husband and I went last fall, I made reservations for the specialty restaurants ahead of time. We did want to go earlier one night, so I called and they easily fit us in.

On embarkation day, we ate lunch in the MDR and requested a window. We only requested it that one time, but whenever we ate dinner there, they seated us at a window :) We went at different times and never had a wait at the MDR.

If you just eat in the main dining room are reservations accepted or is it first come first served ? Also, if there are 4 of us would they hook us up with another couple or two to have a table of 6 or 8 if we did not mind a bigger group.... Dave

When my husband and I went last fall, I made reservations for the specialty restaurants ahead of time. We did want to go earlier one night, so I called and they easily fit us in.

On embarkation day, we ate lunch in the MDR and requested a window. We only requested it that one time, but whenever we ate dinner there, they seated us at a window :) We went at different times and never had a wait at the MDR.

If you just eat in the main dining room are reservations accepted or is it first come first served ? Also, if there are 4 of us would they hook us up with another couple or two to have a table of 6 or 8 if we did not mind a bigger group.... Dave

The MDR will accept reservations or you can just show up. If you just show up during a popular time, there may be a wait. They will give you a buzzer and a coupon for a glass of champagne They will never put you with others unless you ask for that seating.