Adventure Diamond ??? Thanks in advance!

Hi, traveling with my boyfriend next month leaving out of PR/Southern Caribbean (his 1st time SO EXCITED), I am a diamond member, will he be able to come in the Diamond lounge with me? We have never had a problem before, but I heard things might have changed.

Also, When is the Quest, pls tell me they are still doing that.

Are there any good comedians on the ship, are there any private 21 and over shows?

Is it true there are no repeaters parties? :(

What ports do you need a tender?

What was your FAVORITE SHORE EXCURSION??????? We are doing the turtles and Stingray.

Did people dress up for formal nights?, I love wearing a long dress, I hope I'm no the only one lol. Is it still the 2nd & 5th night?

Hoping for NO HURRICANES! Kind of scary, but we are south so that helps I think.

Any help in answering these questions I'd really appreciate it.

Thank YOU!

Per the rules your boyfreind would not be allowed in the Diamond Club but that could be at the discretion of the Concierge. However you will have three free drinks loaded on your SeaPass card each day that can be used at most bars on the ship during the DC cocktail hour so he could certainly join you outside the DC and you would still benefit from some free cocktails.

Yes there is Quest and it is typically day 5 or 6 at 10:30 PM in Studio B. It will be on your daily Cruise Compass. There are comedians on the ship but there is no private club with over 21 performances - that would be on Oasis class ships. Not sure on the current repeaters gatherings as they were in place on our last cruise in March but I have heard that they may have changed - at least for certain tiers. Maybe someone else can confirm.

In order to confirm tender ports we'd need to know your itinerary and ports of call, but I am not aware of any Southern Caribbean itinerary tender ports. Where on the Southern are you doing Stingrays - thay typically is at Grand Cayman (tender port) on the Western.

There are still formal nights on 2 & 5 and you can dress up as much or as little as you want as the attire is "sugested" and not enforced. I would not be concerned about huricanes as although you will be cruising during hurricane season that only means the conditions are correct for hurricanes to form and not that any will. The Captain will always do his best to avoid any storms en route, so I would not be concerned. And you are corect in that the furthest south ports of call (Barbados, Aruba, Curacao, etc.) are out of the hurrican zone so no worries there.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We are going to St Kitts, St Maarten, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia.

I'm hoping we can dock. Hate tendering.

I Think it's kind of weird that you could travel with someone in your cabin (1 person) and they cannot go in the lounge with you, I could understand if they were not in your cabin. Maybe a good tip when we walk in would help. Always seem to work in the past.

😏

I Think it's kind of weird that you could travel with someone in your cabin (1 person) and they cannot go in the lounge with you, I could understand if they were not in your cabin. Maybe a good tip when we walk in would help. Always seem to work in the past.

��

None of those are tendered ports. And sorry to dissagree but you have earned the privedge offered by the Diamond Club through your loyalty through repeat cruises. Someone not related to you on their first cruise that just by being in your same stateroom has not earned that. And if they permit one, they by rights should permit anyone with those circumstances. It is a common situation. You will still have the 3 drinks on your card each night as an option.

Good tip or not the Concierge has guidelines that they need to follow and IMO they shouldn't be put into a position of either saying no to a Diamond guest or violating a policy - neither of which they want to do. They will know who is in your stateroom and everyone's C & A status before you board and if they would offer to invite them in, then that is their choice. That can happen, and if they do that, then you can recognize that with a good tip the end. Personally I would not be comfortable trying to persuade them with a tip.

But that is just my opinon and the choice of course is yours - I am not judging. Hopefully it will all work out to your liking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just returned from Adventure June 18 to June 25 on same itinerary. We enjoyed all our tours and excursions. Run down of what we did: St. Maarten took taxi to Sunset bar and grill on Maho beach about 10 AM and left at 12:30, got to see KLM 747 land and take off, ate breakfast and drank mimosas

St. Kitts private tour for my group of nine with Thenford Grey. Went to Caribelle Batik factory, Brimstone Hill fortress, Timothy Hill for photos, and ended with 2 and 1/2 hours at Lion's Rock bar on Cockleshell beach. Loungers are free when you eat lunch. This was a good beach day.

Antigua was our rest day, we walked around the port shops. Antigua is known for its beaches. If we weren't so tired, we were going to take taxi to Valley church beach.

St. Lucia was our favorite. We booked Spencer Ambrose Land, Sea and Beach Adventure. Speed boat took us closer to pitons, then taxi to mud bath and hot springs, then to a chilly water fall, then back to speed boat to Sugar beach for lunch and snorkeling. This was great, the snorkeling fantastic with octopus, lobsters, all kinds of fish. Spencers has a beach day tour that skips the mud bath and water fall. These places were very busy. Next time we would skip this to have full day at the beach.

Barbados was a close second to St. Lucia. We did Calabaza catamaran with lunch and 2 snorkeling stops: one with turtles then a reef. This again was fantastic as there were only 3 other ladies on board with us. They only take 12 people and have 3 crew. This was a top notch tour.

Quest was at 10:30PM day 5, 2 evenings of late night adult comedy;

dress attire ranged from shorts and t shirts on casual nights to formal ball gowns for Quinceaneras and tuxedos on the 2 formal nights; most people dressed in the middle with sundresses, slacks, and polo shirts or button down. I find it hard to pack dressy clothes on port intensive cruises

The diamond lounge is very nice with great views, it is better than concierge lounge. I can't answer about you taking in non diamond status friend. You will enjoy the Adventure and the ports.

Good tip or not the Concierge has guidelines that they need to follow and IMO they shouldn't be put into a position of either saying no to a Diamond guest or violating a policy - neither of which they want to do. They will know who is in your stateroom and everyone's C & A status before you board...

^ This, exactly. Please don't embarrass yourselves or the DC by asking. There are ways around it, as mentioned. The DL is for Diamond members and up who have that status, pretty simple. As a comparison, Celebrity allows you to bring a cabin-mate in with you, but they are usually more expensive than Royal.

😏

St Lucia was one of our favorite ports... We did a private excursion with Cosol Tours

Do you and your boyfriend live together? I know there a way to link your membership benefits with spouse/SO living together... someone else can provide you with more info