Dzibilchaltun - Questions

abgupton

We are a family of 6 traveling in December. Two 50 something adults, 3 thirty somethings, and a 5 year old. We have finally decided on our Progresso day to go to Dzibilchaltun. We mainly decided on this ruin because it is closer to the port and we feel my 5 year old would enjoy it and the cenote more than one of the more famous ruins. I have read several reviews and we are comfortable with booking outside the cruise line.

1st question - is there still a small restaurant on the 2nd floor of the visitors center? I have read some reviews that talkes about it but couldn't confirm. Does it take USD?

2nd - there is an option to add a visit and small tour of Merida for about 10 bucks more per person. Is that worth it?

We are already planning to use shore excursioneer to book our cozumel activities so we are just going to use them for this. I understand it is just a resold tour of an Autoprogresso tour.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

We are a family of 6 traveling in December. Two 50 something adults, 3 thirty somethings, and a 5 year old. We have finally decided on our Progresso day to go to Dzibilchaltun. We mainly decided on this ruin because it is closer to the port and we feel my 5 year old would enjoy it and the cenote more than one of the more famous ruins. I have read several reviews and we are comfortable with booking outside the cruise line.

1st question - is there still a small restaurant on the 2nd floor of the visitors center? I have read some reviews that talkes about it but couldn't confirm. Does it take USD?

2nd - there is an option to add a visit and small tour of Merida for about 10 bucks more per person. Is that worth it?

We are already planning to use shore excursioneer to book our cozumel activities so we are just going to use them for this. I understand it is just a resold tour of an Autoprogresso tour.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

I'm not sure about which visitor center you are referring to. I've been to Progreso many times and would like to know. The bus from the ship now drops you off at the central bus station about 4 blocks from the beach (or it did for the past several years) and I don't recall a visitor center there. As far as shore excursioneer, I've only used AP but could highly vouch for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there in January and yes, there was a small restaurant at the museum/visitor center at Dzibulchaltun. It was a cheap buffet with tepid but authentic Mexican food. There were a few choices. They did take USD.

Not one of the trip highlights but it'll revive you after the walking and swimming!

As Mulewagon stated there is a small restaurant and on the day we visited there was also a food chart on the first floor. We did not eat and used our time exploring the site but several on our bus said the food was good.

• 4 weeks later...