Sydney Fireworks

A&G

The 2/25/06 roll call for Diamond Princess out of Sydney is wondering if there are still fireworks on Sydney harbour as Princess departs. I am from Sydney and went down to the harbour a few times during the 2004 Princess sailings to watch the firworks and Star Princess slip away. Was there fireworks during the Sapphire sailings in 2005 or is it a thing of the past.

Alan

I travel to Sydney each month on business and stay at the Four Seasons across the street from the Port, and saw the fireworks show on several occasions while the Sapphire was in port. So yes, as of earlier this year, there were still fireworks shows as the Sapphire left port.

Aloha,

Matt

Don't hold your breath - we sailed out of Sydney in March on what was the last departure for the Sapphire this year so we thought they would do fireworks then.

They didn't. Someone on our roll call asked the port authority if they were going to do them before we left and they were told that it is Princess that organizes them. If that really is the case start lobbying Princess now

We were the first to arrive in Sydney on the Star Princess a couple of years ago. We were really looking forward to all the hoopla that we thought we would get, which we did not.

We ended up going back that evening when the ship sailed again to watch the fireworks. We were told that they do shoot them off when a new ship FIRST sails out of the harbor after it's first visit to Sydney.

There were fireworks for each of Star Princess departures from Sydney in 2004. I remember distinctly a beautiful balmy Valentines evening in Sydney in 2004 which was Star's final departure, heading then to Bangkok, and there were fireworks.

OK I will phone Princess and the port authority and start to make some noise. Thanks

• 2 months later...

We drove into Sydney to watch Diamond depart on 8th Jan :) It was the first time Diamond has been to Sydney :D Sadly no fireworks :( Obviously times are tough in the cruiseline business :rolleyes:

Hi:

We're about to book the Sapphire Princess for next year on the 12 night Sydney to Auckland cruise. Do you think there will be fireworks? We took a Millineum cruise and there were a lot of fireworks and it was just great. Has anyone been on the Sapphire Princess? I've been on 6 Princess cruises and 35 cruises overall....is there anything I should know about the Australia/New Zealand cruise? We live in the midwest and the one thing I'm not looking forward to, is the long flight to get there.

Happy cruising.....Sparkle 10

G'day SPARKLE10, if you would like to tune your dial to the Diamond Princess roll call for the 2/25/06 Aust/NZ sailing (or other sailings around that date) you will find a lot of usual information.

Alan

Archived