MSC Cruises Reveals More Details of Meraviglia Class Cruise Ships

LauraS

I don't know when Spring break is but I've sailed in the western Med on 3 occasions in February - it's generally cold and unsettled. Personally, if I were looking to have warm weather I wouldn't consider anything earlier than May in that region.

The Med starts to warm up in March... Early March can see highs of 60F in Athens, probably warmer in some of the southern islands, but cooler in Italy.

The outdoor pools tend to be open all the time (I've swam in Rome in December) the water was cold! But the sun made it feel warmer once I'd braved getting my waist area wet!

So I hear, but it may be a bit too stuffy for me...I like to unwind and relax and not have to "keep up with appearances". I also travel with my young child. I like no pretension, and no frills. Not to say I won't try it some time...but it's not on my "to do" list right now..I think I saw a Gambee review where he tried it (or maybe I'm confusing it with the Haven) and people were in suits and ties and evening wear..and...that's just not my thing when I'm on vacation. The only reasons lately I even go to the dining room on elegant night is to get my lobster tail.:D

I know this is an old post, but we just sailed in the Haven on the Epic, and that is simply not true at all. Not even close to being true!