Have a complaint?

asubaru

I received a phone call from NCL as well today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to talk for very long because I was at work, but she said I could call back tomorrow. Our cruise leaves on Monday out of Vancouver. Luckily, we are leaving before the July 15th cut off so I will have my Diet Dr Pepper with me.

Must be honest. This is the most ridiculous penny pinching, nickel and dimming move NCL could have done. Just purchased a package cruise and stay vacation and have no choice but to sail on the NCL Pearl. This will be my one and only NCL cruise. I'm taking my business back to HAL where you are treated like a value guest. I can order room service for free and bring on all the water, juice, canned pop I like. Oh and did I forget to mention HAL will also let me bring on one bottle of wine, FOR FREE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like others, I received the "out of office" reply to my email to Vivian. I feel for the customer service people at NCL; they have to have a bunker mentality by now.

Most of the changes to date don't affect us, although this one will. We will either need a filtered water bottle, ask the steward to get us a pitcher of water each day for water bottles or obtain water from the buffet. If they lowered the price of bottled water I would have no problem paying for it on every cruise. Now, the "landed price" of a NCL cruise will have $70 added on for bottled water cost. So we'll find alternatives.

I quit buying our customary "Future Cruise Certificate" on NCL three cruises ago. The uncertainty of dealing with them with the rapid changes they were implementing made me wary of committing to them. I'm glad I made that decision. I thought they were done with the changes but they seem hell bent on tweaking their system, their pricing, and their rules and regulations frequently enough that it makes it a gamble to commit more than a week in advance of the cruise.

We do know our next cruise will be on another line so we can try something new. We're thinking Celebrity, or back to Princess or Disney.

Must be honest. This is the most ridiculous penny pinching, nickel and dimming move NCL could have done. Just purchased a package cruise and stay vacation and have no choice but to sail on the NCL Pearl. This will be my one and only NCL cruise. I'm taking my business back to HAL where you are treated like a value guest. I can order room service for free and bring on all the water, juice, canned pop I like. Oh and did I forget to mention HAL will also let me bring on one bottle of wine, FOR FREE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You didn't, but you also didn't mention that HAL's average guest age is 98.

Stephen