Fitbit sync

i was just wondering if you can sync your Fitbit to your iPhone if you have the social media package with Carnival? I have checked it will not sync without an internet connection. Also if you have the social media package how do you keep calls and texts from coming through? I usually turn my phone off the entire cruise but I am on a diet and obsessed with counting my steps.

I did not have an Internet package and did as others said airplane mode with bluetooth turned on. The fit bit worked fine, my problem was we had a balcony cabin on deck 10 all the way up front. The first 2 days of the cruise were very rough, a lot of people sea sick, ship going up and down, back and forth, and shuddering badly all the time. The first morning when I checked my fit bit it showed that I had already climbed over a hundred flights of stairs and taken over 15,000 steps. All that without ever leaving our cabin.

I use Bluetooth to sync and have had my Fitbit on 3 cruises. Only on the Glory did I have sync issues. Not sure if the ship used Bluetooth for any of their services that was interfering with my Bluetooth.- just a guess. As soon as we got home all my data from the previous week did sync.

I did not have an Internet package and did as others said airplane mode with bluetooth turned on. The fit bit worked fine, my problem was we had a balcony cabin on deck 10 all the way up front. The first 2 days of the cruise were very rough, a lot of people sea sick, ship going up and down, back and forth, and shuddering badly all the time. The first morning when I checked my fit bit it showed that I had already climbed over a hundred flights of stairs and taken over 15,000 steps. All that without ever leaving our cabin.

Lol, we are in 10208 right at the front too end of July... I guess its not going to be an accurate reading for me either:D

How often does my tracker need to sync?

A daily sync is recommended but not required. All Fitbit trackers can record detailed minute-by-minute data for seven days, so if you're able to sync weekly your complete minute-by-minute-data will be available. Note that Fitbit Alta™ records minute-by-minute data for only five days. Daily totals are stored for 30 days for all trackers, so if you're only able to sync monthly you can still see your daily totals on your dashboard.

Fitbit Surge™ can store a maximum of 35 hours of GPS data. If you try to track more than 35 hours worth of GPS data without syncing, older data will be deleted to make room for new data. To ensure that all your GPS data is saved, sync your Surge regularly.

How does my tracker sync with the Fitbit app?

The Fitbit app uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to sync with your Fitbit tracker. To initiate a sync, just open the Fitbit app.

You must have Bluetooth enabled on your mobile device or Windows 10 PC to sync your tracker with the Fitbit app. If your mobile device is in airplane mode, it will not sync until you turn off airplane mode or manually turn Bluetooth back on.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877/?q=how+long+without+sync&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1#Frequency