Anyone back today from the Pride?

Just seeing this thread. I was also on the 6/26 sailing.

Did the Behind the Fun tour this trip. I think it's overpriced at $95, but I enjoyed it. It was like being inside an episode of Mighty Ships. Got to see everything from the laundry room two decks below sea level all the way up to the bridge. 3.5 hours is a little long and there is a lot of walking, so make sure you are up for it. Our cruise had two tours, one at 8:45 am and one at 9:15 am, both on the final sea day.

We also got FTTF. Worth it at embarkation to get your own security line. We were one of the first to board the ship at about 12:30 pm so had a leisurely lunch and jumped in the pool before it got insanely crowded. Also was nice to be one of the first 100 or so people to debark if you are anxious to get away. Can also use it in a dedicated line at guest services, which is kind of nice.

Somebody asked about the food. My first cruise so I have no comparison, but I thought it was decent considering they are cooking for 2,000 people a night. I found the Port of Call selections to be a little more flavorful than the standard choices, which to me were extremely bland.

Gangway in Baltimore won't be repaired until winter 2017, according to crew. You will board on Deck A, and yes it is slow going...particularly in Freeport.

No propulsion issues this cruise. Everything was on time.

There's a new cruise director and this was his second Pride cruise. He's there through the end of August. If you look up "Schwartz Cruise Director" on Facebook he has a page and posts pics and stuff. I was not a huge fan, but again my first cruise so I have no comparison.

I'm going to try to write a review with pics later today. Stay tuned for a separate post...

:confused::confused:

Did you eat in the MDR? If so, how was the food?

I actually preferred the buffet. Service was great at the MDR, but selections weren't to my taste. On the nights we did the buffet, I was able to order chicken nuggets and fries from the MDR and have them sent up for my children if they were being super picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gangway in Baltimore won't be repaired until winter 2017, according to crew. You will board on Deck A, and yes it is slow going...particularly in Freeport.

No propulsion issues this cruise. Everything was on time.

In ports you always use either the forward or middle gangway from the lowest level. The only impact that the Baltimore gangway incident had was in regards to boarding and debarking in Baltimore.

The slow going in Freeport is partly due to it being a short day (so many people try to re-board at the same time) and partly because they use only the forward gangway which is smaller than the centre gangway.

In ports you always use either the forward or middle gangway from the lowest level. The only impact that the Baltimore gangway incident had was in regards to boarding and debarking in Baltimore.

The slow going in Freeport is partly due to it being a short day (so many people try to re-board at the same time) and partly because they use only the forward gangway which is smaller than the centre gangway.

Good point about the short port day in Freeport.