May 2017 7 Day Western Caribbean General Questions

Hi all,

My apologies for the numerous questions in this one thread.

We will be celebrating DH's 50th birthday with this cruise. I want to book Chef's Table for him because he will get a real kick out of the behind the scenes stuff (and the food of course!). Do you think it is worth it to also book the Steakhouse for this cruise?

Also, how far in advance should I book the Chef's Table?

Can anyone tell me which nights will be elegant nights? (Is there someplace online I can find this information?) I think knowing that will be helpful for planning excursions and such.

What else can you think of that I can do to celebrate his birthday?

Thanks!

Just off the Freedom on B2B 7 day cruises. The elegant nights were the first full sea day and the second port day Belize/ Grand Cayman. As for doing both the Chef's table and steakhouse, yeah I'd do it. If you're on a budget, I'd choose Chef's table. Just my opinion.

Enjoy your trip!

5/20/2017 Miami, FL ----

5/21/2017 Fun Day At Sea

5/22/2017 Grand Cayman, Cayman Island

5/23/2017 Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

5/24/2017 Belize

5/25/2017 Cozumel, Mexico

5/26/2017 Fun Day At Sea

5/27/2017 Miami, FL

This is our itinerary. The second port day sounds too close to the first sea day to be elegant night again.

Thanks!

5/20/2017 Miami, FL ----

5/21/2017 Fun Day At Sea

5/22/2017 Grand Cayman, Cayman Island

5/23/2017 Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

5/24/2017 Belize

5/25/2017 Cozumel, Mexico

5/26/2017 Fun Day At Sea

5/27/2017 Miami, FL

This is our itinerary. The second port day sounds too close to the first sea day to be elegant night again.

Thanks!

Sorry, didn't realize you had 4 ports. If I had to guess it would be the 21st and the 24th. I'm sure someone at CCL can tell you for sure.

Edited by DreadPirateRobert

Sorry. I didn't look to see which ship. But you might consider booking when you board the Behind the Scenes tour. It will be last sea day. Prob at 9 am and last 3 hrs. But I did it on the Dream and it was really interesting. Highly interesting!

Hi all,

My apologies for the numerous questions in this one thread.

We will be celebrating DH's 50th birthday with this cruise. I want to book Chef's Table for him because he will get a real kick out of the behind the scenes stuff (and the food of course!). Do you think it is worth it to also book the Steakhouse for this cruise?

Also, how far in advance should I book the Chef's Table?

We are also doing a 7-day western from Galveston next May. We are going to be on the Breeze.

I can say this. The other ships going out of Galveston - the Liberty and Freedom offer much different chef's table experiences than the Breeze. I've done the CT on both the Breeze and the Liberty.

I much prefer the Liberty / conquest class CT experiences. On the newer dream class ships (Breeze, Dream, Magic), they have the "private" dining in a hallway in the galley itself. It's much less comfortable, it's somewhat hotter and stuffier (steam tables keeping food warm) and it's very tough to hear and understand dialog.

In the conquest class ships they have a private dining room just off of the mid dining room. It's very quiet, comfortable and pleasant in my opinion.

We actually decided NOT to do the CT on our upcoming Breeze trip because of the difference in experience.

FYI.

Edited by pyroguy