Spa on QM2

Jacqueline

I haven't seen any recent posts and hope to spend a bit of time there.

This is the first time I have sailed on a ship that does not have the dreaded Steiner spas and their hardcore sales pitch.

I must say, that the prices are mind boggling and I am from New York.

Does anyone have a favorite technician ? Tips ? Days to expect a special on a TA?

Favorite technicians wouldn't help as they come and go. They do follow a protocol for each procedure for operator to operator consistency.

One can by a Spa pass to use the Aquatherapy center but only a limited number are sold to prevent overcrowding. Certain body treatments allow one to use the center gratis on the day of treatment.

Specials are offered in the daily program, or there might be an embarkation day special offered by signage in the reception area. It probably depends on how heavily they are booked. (On one day they offered a special on their stone massage.)

FWIW, I spend the bulk of my onboard spending in the spa. I do however avoid any facial treatments because they are notorious for hard sell of products. (At my stage in life only cosmetic surgery, not a jar of cream, will make any difference.)

If you want any hair or nail work done on a formal night it's almost a must to pre-book as those slots are filled well before sailing. Canyon Ranch's QM2 page is at http://www.canyonranchdestinations.com/sea/queen-mary-2/. I seem to remember that pre-sailing bookings are taken between 30 and 7 days of sailing. Anything closer and one must wait to book on board.

BlueRiband,

I agree on the facials. Even a technician I have used told me it's basically a clean up and the only way to get results from her was to do peels. I have a great line of products that I use and I have no interest in buying new ones. I also feel sort of bad for the technician as I sense that their salary is dependent on sales.

Even with body treatments, I like active hands on time, no sweating in a wrap of some sort. Once I had a chocolate one and I literally could not get clean afterwards. Recently at the mandarin in Bangkok I had a jet lag treatment and literally felt like my skin was burning.

Thanks for your response ! I had not thought to book in advance.