Hair dryer on Marina Concierge level room

lianaks

Hi,

Those who stay on Marina at Concierge level how the hair dryer, is it full size or small one just like other cruise line? I have thick and long hair and wonder what Oceania provide will be good enough or I should bring my own?

LS

I believe the one provided is sufficient, but I always bring my own anyway. I am just more comfortable doing my hair at the desk while DH uses the one in the bathroom. That way we can both be getting ready at the same time.

AFAIK all staterooms have a handheld regular size hairdryer

I have thick hair & it works fine for me

I did not think the plug is the Bathroom was was dryers only electric shavers :confused:

I just got off the Marina (A4 level) on June 24. I have thick shoulder length hair and I'm picky about blow dryers. ;) I brought my own, but used the ship's blow dryer on the last morning so I could pack my blow dryer in my large suitcase that gets taken the night before. I found the ship's blow dryer adequate (has both a high and low speed), but I was happy that I had my own the rest of the time. In addition to high and low speed, mine has three levels of heat, which I prefer having.

I am just off the marina, and was in concierge veranda level A1 state room. I had difficulty getting the hairdryer to work until my excellent state room attendant explained to me that it cannot be used in the bathroom. She plugged it in by the desk and it worked fine. I have short hair and can dry my hair quite quickly. The point is that it will not work well or barely at all in the bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

AFAIK all staterooms have a handheld regular size hairdryer

I have thick hair & it works fine for me

I did not think the plug is the Bathroom was was dryers only electric shavers :confused:

You are right -- the plug in the bathroom is only for electric shavers, but for some reason I thought there was a hair dryer on the wall. Just can't remember that far back -- UGH!

You are right -- the plug in the bathroom is only for electric shavers, but for some reason I thought there was a hair dryer on the wall. Just can't remember that far back -- UGH!

Yes there is a hairdryer on the wall in the bathroom but only on the R ships + the handheld

The OP asked about Marina

there is only the handheld dryer for the O class ships

Thank you for the feed back, seem like we might have to bring our own hair dryer if we have enough room in our luggage. :)

LS.

Not sure why you draw that conclusion - the hair dryer supplied is full size and full strength. You do have to use it at the desk, not in the bathroom as said above.

Although it is a full sized hair dryer, if you have long thick hair, the high setting can get too hot when it takes a while to dry your hair. That's what I found when I used it. It's simply a personal preference. To each their own... Heaven forbid someone wants to bring their own and not have a wash 'n go style.