Postcards??

This may be a silly question but my mom asked it just a little earlier while she was packing and I didn't know the answer. Do they have mail service on the ship? We are sailing on Allure for our first cruise on Sunday. Do they have postcards available on the ship and if so do they mail them out for the same price as our U.S. Postage or is it based on whatever port we are in? Or do we have to mail out postcards only while in port?

She loves to bring her stamps on every trip and mail back postcards to our family members.

We are going to Cozumel, Falmouth, and Labadee if that helps any.

Thanks!

This may be a silly question but my mom asked it just a little earlier while she was packing and I didn't know the answer. Do they have mail service on the ship? We are sailing on Allure for our first cruise on Sunday. Do they have postcards available on the ship and if so do they mail them out for the same price as our U.S. Postage or is it based on whatever port we are in? Or do we have to mail out postcards only while in port?

She loves to bring her stamps on every trip and mail back postcards to our family members.

We are going to Cozumel, Falmouth, and Labadee if that helps any.

Thanks!

I bring my own stamps. Usually buy post cards in port. Take to guest services to mail.

they might have some in the general store for purchase..

There is a Mailbox on the ship for stamped postcards and the ship sells stamps, however Mailing of those postcards is really hit or miss, with a tendency to miss IME.

Before dropping any mail in that Mailbox you should confirm with guest Services which port / Country those are mailed from to apply the appropriate postage.

You will never know at what Point the ship will end your postcards. It can be weeks or month later. Once they think about it, it will be turned over to the port Agent and he may still take his time to actually mail them.

Just get the Cards and postage in port, write them and mail them ashore.

There are apps you can download for your phone which let you take a photo and it gets printed and sent to folks at home as a postcard - we did that on our cruise in February and it worked well, just found some WiFi when we were in port to do it.

Your post brings back memories from our first Disney Cruise.

We were so excited, bought our post cards stamps and put them in the "box" before St. Thomas port (figured had a good chance with it being a US territory) .

Two weeks later all got their cards post marked Cocoa Beach.

It seems that the ship mails what is in the box when we get back to port.

So now I get smart.

Cruising western.

Cozumel, drag everyone to post office there to get stamps and put on the post cards that were all filled out..........

Never saw them again, nor anyone on our lists:eek:

2016-----August..........Planning ahead.

Internet pictures:D (Free for suites)

Safe travels.