MyVIKINGJOURNEY

fnewman

Two questions about the "SWEEPING ACROPOLIS VISTAS & DINNER IN THE PLAKA" offered in Athens, but now showing 'sold out' on myvikingjourney.com for the Aug. 14 trip:

1. Based on experience ( or from a Viking rep) is it likely that additional places will be made available? If so, how can we ge on a waiting list?

2. The excursion is described as 'demanding'. Can someone provide more information about what makes it so? For example, if someone did not want to do the walking part of the tour, could they go directly to the restaurant? TIA

The walk up to the Acropolis is uphill for a distance.

That is probably why it is marked demanding.

My problem with MyVikingJourney is I get emails--pick your shore excursions, complete your wish list--but there is nothing to pick from as our trip is too far out and our cabin isn't yet assigned.

Dear PatriciaF,

We sincerely apologize for any confusion or irritation the automated emails from My Viking Journey may have caused you.

Our web team has been alerted of this issue and is working toward a resolution. As priority shore excursion reservations begin at 97 days prior to departure, we anticipate all shore excursions to be loaded by the 100-day mark. Of course, if the details are finalized prior to this point, they will be posted for you to peruse.

Thank you for patience and understanding, PatriciaF. If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

The walk up to the Acropolis is uphill for a distance.

That is probably why it is marked demanding.

My problem with MyVikingJourney is I get emails--pick your shore excursions, complete your wish list--but there is nothing to pick from as our trip is too far out and our cabin isn't yet assigned.

we sailed on the Sea's maiden voyage. Could not see any purpose in MY V Journey. I think its only a place for you to do a wish list. It doesn't give any priority in making reservations. But a hint for that, do it at 12:01 AM Pacific time. I did that and got all my choices. Also, dinner reservations were easily changed onboard.