What is considered a "Suite"?

cidymom

On the NCL website, it says you get all 5 perks free if you book a "suite" or "The Haven". Would a mini-suite be considered a "suite" and entitlement to all 5 perks? or is it another type of suite that I'm not aware of? Very confusing. Thanks for any help.

As said, mini-suite does not get any extra perks anymore, they were originally eligible for concierge access but it was removed eons ago. In NCL lingo a suite is a cabin with category code starting with letter S and a Haven suite with category code starting with letter H.

However unlike previous poster stated, the difference between a mini-suite and a balcony cabin greatly depends on the ship.

On some older ships (Dawn class and Jewel class) the above applies, but on new megaships all mini-suites do not have bathtubs and the actual cabin is pretty much the same size (only the bathroom is bigger).

However unlike previous poster stated, the difference between a mini-suite and a balcony cabin greatly depends on the ship.

On some older ships (Dawn class and Jewel class) the above applies, but on new megaships all mini-suites do not have bathtubs and the actual cabin is pretty much the same size (only the bathroom is bigger).

Didn't know that about the newest ships. Thanks :)

On the NCL website, it says you get all 5 perks free if you book a "suite" or "The Haven". Would a mini-suite be considered a "suite" and entitlement to all 5 perks? or is it another type of suite that I'm not aware of? Very confusing. Thanks for any help.

In addition to what others have already said regarding mini-suites there is no Haven on the Sky, Spirit, Sun, Dawn, Star and Pride of America. Also, on the ships that do have the Haven, there are suites that do not have Haven access but still have other perks as part of booking a suite. The designation of "S" in the category when booking helps clarify this. I hope that I explained this OK.

In addition to what others have already said regarding mini-suites there is no Haven on the Sky, Spirit, Sun, Dawn, Star and Pride of America. Also, on the ships that do have the Haven, there are suites that do not have Haven access but still have other perks as part of booking a suite. The designation of "S" in the category when booking helps clarify this. I hope that I explained this OK.

That is only on the Jewel class ships - Gem, Pearl, Jewel, and Jade. Those Havens are only accessible by the cabins IN the Have and the Owner's Suites.

The bigger ships (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape), all suites are Haven suites regardless of location.

The suites they are talking about with the 5 perks are Penthouse and above. The various suite categories are:

Penthouse

The Haven Spa Suite

The Haven Owner's Suite

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite

The Haven 2 bedroom family villa

Garden Villa (the largest and most expensive but only on certain ships)

2 Bedroom Family Suite

The suites they are talking about with the 5 perks are Penthouse and above. The various suite categories are:

Penthouse

The Haven Spa Suite

The Haven Owner's Suite

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite

The Haven 2 bedroom family villa

Garden Villa (the largest and most expensive but only on certain ships)

2 Bedroom Family Suite

There are several more real suite categories than that, for example Family suites with or without balcony are missing completely. Also there are OSs and DOSs without the Haven prefix.

There is no point of trying to make incomplete lists like that when the absolute and easiest way of identifying real suites has been already mentioned several times on this thread - category code.