Allure - change of shows

Hi! Does anyone know how often they change the shows on Allure? We went on a Carib cruise on Allure in January 2015 and want to go on the ship again June next year (2017) but don't want all the same shows... thank you!!

Mamma Mia was just added last year during drydock so it is here to stay for 5-10 more years. OceanAria, Blue Planet and the Ice show will also be the same. It is very costly to swap out these shows, so they stay for a very long time.

The headliners and comedians change often, but they also are on a rotation of cruise ships, so if you cruise often, you'll likely encounter them again.

Edited by DonnaK

Mamma Mia was just added last year during drydock so it is here to stay for 5-10 more years. OceanAria, Blue Planet and the Ice show will also be the same. It is very costly to swap out these shows, so they stay for a very long time.

The headliners and comedians change often, but they also are on a rotation of cruise ships, so if you cruise often, you'll likely encounter them again.

Recognizing that you are not in the habit of just posting just to post, where does the -10 come from? I had heard they sign 5 year contracts for the shows, which seems to line up with the facts so far. Oasis seemed to change to Cats right at the 5 year point and Allure changed from Chicago right at the 5 year point.

At least when CATS is done they don't have to send the set to the junkyard! :D

Edited by BillOh

Recognizing that you are not in the habit of just posting just to post, where does the -10 come from? I had heard they sign 5 year contracts for the shows, which seems to line up with the facts so far. Oasis seemed to change to Cats right at the 5 year point and Allure changed from Chicago right at the 5 year point.

You listed 1 show for each of 2 ships out of several shows. So I think 5-10 is a good answer, they changed out 1 show after 5 and all the others are still running so if they change out it would most likely be the next dd at the 10 year mark

And of course the comedy and headliners change all the time but you know that

Edited by setsail

You listed 1 show for each of 2 ships out of 6 shows. So I think 5-10 is a good answer, they changed out 1 show after 5 and all the others are still running so if they change out it would most likely be the next dd at the 10 year mark

There is only one show that changes on the Oasis class and I mentioned both changed right at 5 years, but I'm sure Donna appreciates thst you feel I challenged her honor and you defrnded.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I got the 5-10 years (or longer) from a backstage tour that we did on a non-Oasis class ship, so I was thinking more generally, fleetwide. As you point out, the 5 years is closer to the truth for Oasis class, and likely Quantum class too

Edited by DonnaK

There is only one show that changes on the Oasis class and I mentioned both changed right at 5 years, but I'm sure Donna appreciates thst you feel I challenged her honor and you defrnded.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Where do you get only 1 show changes, you seem to know much more about the shows than the people that produce them. How about a timeline for all the shows, please. That would benefit many posters here

Edited by setsail

I got the 5-10 years (or longer) from a backstage tour that we did on a non-Oasis class ship, so I was thinking more generally, fleetwide. As you point out, the 5 years is closer to the truth for Oasis class.

Thanks for the clarification, I in throwing out 5 years had heard that there was a specific contract for those. Other Oasis shows like Blue Planet - Come Fly with me I don't believe there is any contracts, but the set design is enough to say who knows?

Where do you get only 1 show changes, you seem to know much more about the shows than the people that produce them. How about a timeline for all the shows, please. That would benefit many posters here

Sarcasm really? Ok, I'm done you have proven I know nothing.