Infinity - Salon and sit under hair dryers?

RoxiRoo

Aww thanks all for the curl love! :)

Cupcake Susie, I am new to the curly girl method and have been studying like crazy online! I just got tired of fighting my curls, so went and got a DEVA cut and am loving it! I have been plopping, but just with a t-shirt. I will try the microfiber towel inside, that sounds like a good idea. Then I either follow up with the diffuser, or I am trying the bonnet that fits on the blow dryer. I am finally getting the hang of this stuff! Each day gets a little easier....... I hope to get it all mastered before Minnesota Winter because I don't want to leave the house with a damp head. :)

Thanks for all the good advice and curly love! It is true, we always want what we don't have.

It took me a couple of months to feel confident with it (and for my hair to settle into it as well) but now that I've been doing it for years I can't imagine going back. Good luck - I hope the microfibre towel helps to quicken your drying time!

Hi Julie. Have you ever heard of the curly girl technique? If you plop your hair early in the morning you might then be able to use the diffuser to get it dry in a shorter amount of time. I find that my hair dries more quickly when I plop it. I put a microfibre towel in the middle of the tshirt before wrapping.

If you haven't heard of the technique before let me know and I'll post some links and videos for you. If you already know about it, sorry for the spruik ;)

I'd never heard of plopping before and just checked it out. I always blow out my curls because they look great wet but frizz like crazy after they dry. Will try it soon! Thanks!

No worries, Sunpsyche.

They say to "LOC" your hair before plopping, which means to put some leave in onto it first, then oil, then curl creme. I only use a very small amount of each otherwise my hair is unhappy.

I use 'motion lotion' by Kevin Murphy as my leave in, then shatterproof diamond oil by Redken and Spiralicious by Jessicurl.

The recommendation is to put your product in while your hair is dripping wet, but that doesn't work for me. The best advice I have is to do what works for you. Good luck!!

Hi RoxiRoo….when I travel I take my Hot and Gold Jet Bonnet Dryer attachment. It connects to the hand held blower dryer in the room and it works really well. I purchased mine at Sally’s for less than $15.00.

Have fun!

Terri

That is a great idea. I'm definitely going to do this.