Infinity - Salon and sit under hair dryers?

RoxiRoo

Hello All,

I have curly hair and it takes FOREVER to dry. I want to get out on deck as soon as possible on my Alaska cruise but I don't want to go out with a wet head. Does the Infinity have a salon with sit-under hair dryers? Can I use them at will, or can I pay to use them? I just want to get the hair dry and get going..... :)

Thank you all!

Julie

Why will your hair be wet when you board???? Dry it BEFORE you get on the ship! Or, put a hat over wet hair! It's been proven that having a wet head will NOT make you sick...you might feel chilly...but it won't give you germs!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Of course I will wash my hair before I board. And yes it will be dry before I board.

And yes I can wash my hair at night. And wait for it to dry. And sleep on it so it gets squished and get it wet again in the morning.

Call it vanity, I guess, I just wanted to be able to have it dry in the morning in a somewhat natural manner before going on deck to have it windblown and turn into a frizz ball.

I know that a wet head outside will not technically make me sick, but it will make me cold. Even with a hat.

I will contact the salon and pay to use the driers. That is all I was asking.

thank you.

Roxi: I know this sounds obvious....but why can't you wash your hair in the morning (people who have never slept on a pillow with wet hair will never understand how awful it is) and dry it with the blow dryer in your cabin? I've used it many times and quite frankly their hand dryer is better than mine!!

Hello All,

I have curly hair and it takes FOREVER to dry. I want to get out on deck as soon as possible on my Alaska cruise but I don't want to go out with a wet head. Does the Infinity have a salon with sit-under hair dryers? Can I use them at will, or can I pay to use them? I just want to get the hair dry and get going..... :)

Thank you all!

Julie

In the time you spend going to the salon, sitting under the dryer, then going back to the cabin, wouldn't your hair be dried by a blow dryer? If nothing else, bring an extra blow dryer from home and have your cabin mate help you with dueling dryers. You also have a 20+ knot wind at your disposal outside when at sea.

Oh my.... this is getting "blown" out of proportion. :P

Yes, I can use a hand drier, with a diffuser, and spend about 45 minutes. I could ask DH for help, but that could be a nightmare of frizz.

I simply asked about the bonnet dryer so that I could sit and have a cup of coffee while I dry.

No worries. Please, all, carry on. My hair is not that important.

Have a great weekend !

Yes, I can use a hand drier, with a diffuser, and spend about 45 minutes. I could ask DH for help, but that could be a nightmare of frizz.

I simply asked about the bonnet dryer so that I could sit and have a cup of coffee while I dry.

Have a great weekend !

Have a great cruise :)

I feel your pain. I have naturally very wavy hair. Just go to the salon and tell them what you want. I'd guess they'd charge around $35 for a wash and hair dry under those dryer chair-things.

They do blow-outs all the time in the salon, so I'm sure they'd let you dry your hair under the hair dryer too. I've had a few done on other lines because like you, it takes a long time for my hair to dry. If I blow dry it, we're talking what seems like forever to get it dry & straight. :mad: The blow dryers onboard are not strong enough for my hair either.

Have a great weekend !

do not expect you will be permitted to bring food or drink into the salon.

I hate the blow dryers that are in the cabin and always travel with my own, high speed/high heat dryer. It goes nicely in a carryon bag if flying so the weight isn't an issue.

I was just on an Alaskan cruise and it was much more relaxed than any other cruise we had been on. Ball caps, knit hats, ear muffs and wind, mist and rain - throw the vanity out the window and concentrate on enjoying your surroundings.

I hate the blow dryers that are in the cabin and always travel with my own, high speed/high heat dryer. It goes nicely in a carryon bag if flying so the weight isn't an issue.

I was just on an Alaskan cruise and it was much more relaxed than any other cruise we had been on. Ball caps, knit hats, ear muffs and wind, mist and rain - throw the vanity out the window and concentrate on enjoying your surroundings.

Vanity is officially now gone. Will be cruising Alaska..... am currently shopping for a nice hat!

Hi RoxiRoo….when I travel I take my Hot and Gold Jet Bonnet Dryer attachment. It connects to the hand held blower dryer in the room and it works really well. I purchased mine at Sally’s for less than $15.00.

Have fun!

Terri

Hi RoxiRoo….when I travel I take my Hot and Gold Jet Bonnet Dryer attachment. It connects to the hand held blower dryer in the room and it works really well. I purchased mine at Sally’s for less than $15.00.

Have fun!

Terri

Hi Terri - I bought one of those, too! But I can't get the hang of it. Running it on low is so cold....... any tips? I would love for this to work for me!

Julie

Have a great weekend !

I do a lot of working out and wash hair twice a day. I use a microfiber towel, then blast the roots with the dryer, slip on a headband and call it good. Otherwise, I'd be in the locker room all day :) It actually looks pretty cute later when I take off the head band. If I have an early morning I sleep on a French braid and skip the am shampoo. Have fun :)

Vanity is officially now gone. Will be cruising Alaska..... am currently shopping for a nice hat!

That is definitely the best way to deal with unruly hair! So often when traveling, I resort to putting my hair in a ponytail and just forgetting about trying to make it look beautiful. The destination is more important. ;)

Hi Terri - I bought one of those, too! But I can't get the hang of it. Running it on low is so cold....... any tips? I would love for this to work for me!

Julie

Hi Julie,

I use hair bands to hold the dryer hose in place, then I turn the dryer up to high. Normally I'm all dry in 15 minutes after working out. I hope this helps.

Terri

That is definitely the best way to deal with unruly hair! So often when traveling, I resort to putting my hair in a ponytail and just forgetting about trying to make it look beautiful. The destination is more important. ;)

I like the hat idea too....no fuss no muss and if your hair looks "funny"? Blame it on the hat!!!! :D

Thanks All! If my hair was long enough for a pony - I would just do that. :) But a nice hat will work.

Also, I tried the bonnet at a higher speed and temp this morning - was MUCH better. :)

I will just go and not be so vain. If y'all see me, no laughing at the frizz! :P

Thanks All! If my hair was long enough for a pony - I would just do that. :) But a nice hat will work.

Also, I tried the bonnet at a higher speed and temp this morning - was MUCH better. :)

I will just go and not be so vain. If y'all see me, no laughing at the frizz! :P

Good attitude: Boat hair, don't care. :)

What you call frizz - I'm going to get you'll receive many compliments on your gorgeous curly hair & others will be extremely jealous!! I would be one of them :)

Hi Julie. Have you ever heard of the curly girl technique? If you plop your hair early in the morning you might then be able to use the diffuser to get it dry in a shorter amount of time. I find that my hair dries more quickly when I plop it. I put a microfibre towel in the middle of the tshirt before wrapping.

If you haven't heard of the technique before let me know and I'll post some links and videos for you. If you already know about it, sorry for the spruik ;)