Easiest/cheapest/best way to get to Playa de Muro?

kdj

Hello!

Can you help me?

My family would like to get off the ship (in Palma de Mallorca), and see the cathedral in Palma, and then go on and spend a day at Playa de Muro. We'd also like to go jet ski-ing if possible while at the beach.

What would be the best way to accomplish this...taxi??? Any idea what it would cost, round trip? Unfortunately, we don't speak any Spanish, so public transportation would have to be 'idiot proof'! (lol)

Hello!

Can you help me?

My family would like to get off the ship (in Palma de Mallorca), and see the cathedral in Palma, and then go on and spend a day at Playa de Muro. We'd also like to go jet ski-ing if possible while at the beach.

What would be the best way to accomplish this...taxi??? Any idea what it would cost, round trip? Unfortunately, we don't speak any Spanish, so public transportation would have to be 'idiot proof'! (lol)

Easiest and cheapest don't go in the same sentence here!

A taxi would be your easiest option and, according to this link, the fare would be a costly 70-80 Euros each way. http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/playa_de_muro.htm

The cheapest option is by bus with a return fare of 11.90 Euro per person and a 1 hour 50 minute each way journey time - timetables available here http://www.tib.org/portal/en/web/ctm/autobus/linia/351

As already asked - why Playa de Muro so far from Palma when there are other good beaches on the capitals doorstep?

Edited by campolady

Thank you Campolady for your helpful information!

My answer to: "Why go north when there are beaches near Palma?" is simply that I have read many times on CC that Playa de Muro is an excellent beach (soft sand, clear water, rent a lounger, jet skiing available) on Mallorca.

I would be more than happy to stay closer to Palma! Can anyone recommend a beach like de Muro that is close to Palma?

(thank you in advance!)

Thank you Campolady for your helpful information!

My answer to: "Why go north when there are beaches near Palma?" is simply that I have read many times on CC that Playa de Muro is an excellent beach (soft sand, clear water, rent a lounger, jet skiing available) on Mallorca.

I would be more than happy to stay closer to Palma! Can anyone recommend a beach like de Muro that is close to Palma?

(thank you in advance!)

Santa Ponsa is a tourist resort but has a lovely horseshoe bay with good sand, clear water, sun loungers etc. http://www.sunbonoo.com/en/jet-ski-majorca#product_tabs_product_review Buses run to Santa Ponsa from opposite the cruise terminal (for Playa de Muro you have to get to the Plaza Espana which with time restrictions would require another taxi) or a taxi would cost around 25 Euros each way.

Even closer to Palma is Playa de Palma - VERY built up but a very popular jet skiers destination http://www.sunbonoo.com/en/jet-ski-ride-in-arenal-mallorca?___SID=U

Edited by campolady

Santa Ponsa is a tourist resort but has a lovely horseshoe bay with good sand, clear water, sun loungers etc. http://www.sunbonoo.com/en/jet-ski-majorca#product_tabs_product_review Buses run to Santa Ponsa from opposite the cruise terminal (for Playa de Muro you have to get to the Plaza Espana which with time restrictions would require another taxi) or a taxi would cost around 25 Euros each way.

Even closer to Palma is Playa de Palma - VERY built up but a very popular jet skiers destination http://www.sunbonoo.com/en/jet-ski-ride-in-arenal-mallorca?___SID=U

Not wishing to tread on Campolady's toes there is a much cheaper a quicker option than Santa Ponsa which is not the nearest beach to Palma where you can spend the day jet skiing and lounging on the beach I would say Palma Nova beach is much nearer Palma also if you want quieter beach go to illetas beach which is only a 3 eu bus ride away.

Illetas has two small pretty bays with sun bed and are sandy safe beaches

Not wishing to tread on Campolady's toes there is a much cheaper a quicker option than Santa Ponsa which is not the nearest beach to Palma where you can spend the day jet skiing and lounging on the beach I would say Palma Nova beach is much nearer Palma also if you want quieter beach go to illetas beach which is only a 3 eu bus ride away.

Illetas has two small pretty bays with sun bed and are sandy safe beaches

I didn't say that Santa Ponsa was the closest to Palma - I only suggested it as I know people who have enjoyed jet skiing experiences there.

Yes, Palma Nova is nearer - but only slightly if you go by taxi and there is little difference in the fares. Although most bus services to Santa Ponsa go via Palma Nova there is a direct bus (102 if my memory serves me right but don't hold me to that) that is quicker than the Palma Nova route.

I would have suggested Illetas but didn't think they have jet skiing there which is the OPs main purpose.

I didn't say that Santa Ponsa was the closest to Palma - I only suggested it as I know people who have enjoyed jet skiing experiences there.

Yes, Palma Nova is nearer - but only slightly if you go by taxi and there is little difference in the fares. Although most bus services to Santa Ponsa go via Palma Nova there is a direct bus (102 if my memory serves me right but don't hold me to that) that is quicker than the Palma Nova route.

I would have suggested Illetas but didn't think they have jet skiing there which is the OPs main purpose.

You are right it is the 102 express bus and there is no jet skiing in Illetas. We missed out Magaluf where there is defiantly jet skiing and a lot more going not everybody's cup of tea!!!

Actually Magaluf is quiet during the day. At night is another matter. We stayed in Cala Vinas (20 min walk) and went there couple of times.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by hkto

I worked in Magalluf many years ago when it was 'normal'. It really is a dump these days. I agree with Campolady, I would never suggest anybody goes there day or night.

If I was the OP I would choose Illetas, which is much prettier and more upmarket.

HI

We are also interested in having a few hours at the beach when we dock in Palma. I wonder if anyone could answer a few questions?

If we pay for a shuttle transfer out of the docks (Im expecting around €5 each) this will drop us off at the cathedral area and we could get a bus or taxi from there - does anyone know the cost of a taxi for the 5 of us? I have emailed a couple of taxi companies and I am being quoted €60 each way - which I think sounds a lot! Could this be because of a port surcharge??

We could walk to the port gates and pick up a bus or taxi along the front but I am a bit concerned about how far the walk out of the docks would be? Could it be a very long walk??

Could anyone offer any advice please??

Thanks in advance

HI

We are also interested in having a few hours at the beach when we dock in Palma. I wonder if anyone could answer a few questions?

If we pay for a shuttle transfer out of the docks (Im expecting around €5 each) this will drop us off at the cathedral area and we could get a bus or taxi from there - does anyone know the cost of a taxi for the 5 of us? I have emailed a couple of taxi companies and I am being quoted €60 each way - which I think sounds a lot! Could this be because of a port surcharge??

We could walk to the port gates and pick up a bus or taxi along the front but I am a bit concerned about how far the walk out of the docks would be? Could it be a very long walk??

Thanks in advance

Hi .Firstly you can walk out of the port gates , then walk across the road bridge about a 10 min walk until you come to the Av Joan Miro, Cross that road and you can catch No3 bus to Illetas ( displayed on front) ,

Go to the end of the route about 20 min this will bring you to two lovely beaches in Illetas,

A taxi from the port will be about 20 eu to Illetas beach,

HI

Thanks in advance

You will need to pre-book a larger taxi for 5 people - ordinary taxis are only licenced for 4 people. and it is rare to find larger cabs parked at taxi ranks.

As Roger has already said, a taxi direct from the port terminal to Illetas beach should be a maximum of 20 Euros each way.

Edited by campolady

Abibelle, what ship are you taking? We just returned on Harmony of the Seas and she is docked MUCH further away from where the other ships are docked. Based upon my research here, I also thought it would be a ten minute walk. It took approximately 1/2 hour walking briskly. It was not easy in the heat and I wouldn't recommend it. We then took #3 bus across from Porto Pi shopping center to Illetas beach (I believe 1.50euro pp). Bus transportation was great and the beach was beautiful.

Along our walk, we did notice a #1 bus. Not sure if you can take that and then transfer to the #3 at the shopping center.

Again, the location of your ship within the pier is important. In the distance, we noticed another cruise ship significantly closer to the Porto Pi shopping center. Walking to the bus stop from there was very doable.

Edited by Let'sGoNow