QV "Remastering" in 2018 ??

new to cuising

If true, it is very sad that the beautiful Chart Room will be gone. It is a jewel on the ship's crown.

However, if it has to be removed, Images appears to be a nice substitute. It is adjacent to the upper level of Britannia restaurant, so it is convenient for a pre-dinner drink. Perhaps it could share the same bar with the Midships Lounge.

Now that there is no need for a photo gallery, this space, seeming always deserted, could thus find a proper use.

Just to say my Cunard source also says, that "if" they go ahead with Images and it is a successful refit into a Chart Room they may consider introducing the same on QE.

We have booked full 2018 South American cruise on QV and I thought that Chart room would remain where it is. On the last world cruise the chairman was on board and listened to the passengers who strongly voiced their opinion that it should not be moved. He did say that they might have a rethink. Hope he does

We know that the Q.Vic Club Dinning Room/area is defiantly going to go ahead and this would have to be somewhere near the Britannia Kitchens, so the concept of where the QE Britannia Dinning is now, on deck two, would make sense.

An additional Bar or a Chart Room Lounge can be fitted in anywhere, around the ship. Images, which is only one deck above the Chart Room would make complete sense.;)

• 3 months later...
We sailed on QV in June and were told by the Maitre'D that the refit is due Spring 2017. They are changing the stern from a graduated look to a straight look, same as QE, and the cabins in this new area will be Britannia Club cabins. We were in a Q6 stern cabin and were also told at the same time after the refit there would be no stern cabins in the Queens Grill category and therefore we should enjoy it while we could!

Looking at the Cunard site, there are two deck plans shown. One is for now through 05 May 2017, the other for after 04 June 2017 and through 23 March 2018. Both plans seem to show the same stern configuration. Is it possible that the stern re-fit could be planned after that time? I am having a problem finding much difference at all between the two sets of plans but I shall continue to look.

We just returned from QV and booked on board for QV in summer 2018 in a stern Q6 with no problem.

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

We sailed on QV in June and were told by the Maitre'D that the refit is due Spring 2017. They are changing the stern from a graduated look to a straight look, same as QE, and the cabins in this new area will be Britannia Club cabins. We were in a Q6 stern cabin and were also told at the same time after the refit there would be no stern cabins in the Queens Grill category and therefore we should enjoy it while we could!

If you look at the deck plan for June 2017 - March 2018 the aft cabins of the ship look exactly the same as current. Britannia Club modification are shown with the new dining room and A1 A2 Club cabins on deck 8.

Maybe the aft changes are the 2018 modifications??

Looking at the Cunard site, there are two deck plans shown. One is for now through 05 May 2017, the other for after 04 June 2017 and through 23 March 2018. Both plans seem to show the same stern configuration. Is it possible that the stern re-fit could be planned after that time? I am having a problem finding much difference at all between the two sets of plans but I shall continue to look.

We just returned from QV and booked on board for QV in summer 2018 in a stern Q6 with no problem.

Cheers!

You will see additional staterooms on decks 6,7 and 8 and the pool deck on deck 10 is also expanded significantly. Cabin numbers for the aft suites will be different than what they are today.

Edited by K3nn7

You will see additional staterooms on decks 6,7 and 8 and the pool deck on deck 10 is also expanded significantly. Cabin numbers for the aft suites will be different than what they are today.

Yes I see now, if you look at the ship profile diagram on the new deck plan you can see the change to the aft profile quite clearly. There appears to be an extra 2 balcony cabins on both port and starboard side on deck 6, 3 on deck 7 and 4 on deck 8, with appropriate additions to inside cabins.