NCL Pearl 11530 The Amber Penthouse- 2BR Family Suite

jimsig

• 1 year later...
Beautiful! So that's how the other half live! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More like the other 3% or so (wild guess). There are only 18? on the ship. They have a 8 in the Haven area and I think 10 on deck 11 forward.

They are identical suites on all the Jewel class and Dawn. I think they are the best suites, even better than the Owner Suites because they have doors for each area. And the shower has a full length window over the ocean. Cool. Will be doing one of these on the Jade in October.

We were two doors down the hall from you on that sailing. I can neither confirm nor deny that I stuck my nose into your cabin at one point while they were making it up.

No more than my nose though, I swear.

Thanks for posting.

Did you find it noisy at all, particularly from above?

It was not too bad at all. For part of the cruise there was a ping pong table up above so during the day you might hear someone playing, about half way through they moved the table to the other side. Occasionally we heard the odd chair being moved as well. I would not hesitate to stay in that cabin again.

More like the other 3% or so (wild guess). There are only 18? on the ship. They have a 8 in the Haven area and I think 10 on deck 11 forward.

They are identical suites on all the Jewel class and Dawn. I think they are the best suites, even better than the Owner Suites because they have doors for each area. And the shower has a full length window over the ocean. Cool. Will be doing one of these on the Jade in October.

You will love it. I am not an exhibitionist by any means :) but I loved taking a shower and being able to see out over the ocean as we cruised along. Let me know what you think about the suite after your cruise.

Edited by jimsig

We were two doors down the hall from you on that sailing. I can neither confirm nor deny that I stuck my nose into your cabin at one point while they were making it up.

No more than my nose though, I swear.

Thanks for posting.

What did you think about the cabin? Hope we didn't leave it too messy when you peaked in. We probably walked right by each other in the hallway and even said hi while passing.

Were you in 11526 or 11534? Who was your cabin steward? I can't remember who we had but I remember Cagy who was the cabin steward a few cabins away.

What did you think about the cabin? Hope we didn't leave it too messy when you peaked in. We probably walked right by each other in the hallway and even said hi while passing.

Were you in 11526 or 11534? Who was your cabin steward? I can't remember who we had but I remember Cagy who was the cabin steward a few cabins away.

I couldn't really see in more than a few feet, but it looked nicer than our mini suite for sure. Our cabin steward was Mo, who looked a bit like Yule Brenner. He was great.

Don't remember walking past you guys, but if your daughter used Splash Academy there's a good chance she got to know one or both of our kids. They (and we) had so much fun on this sailing.

If I may be so bold, only because we're looking at doing it all again -- how far out did you book, and was your cruise fare above or below $10k? I really wanted a two bedroom, but by the time we booked in February it was about $11k for 2 adults 2 kids. We were able to get a minisuite for $6200 or so and couldn't justify paying almost double.

I couldn't really see in more than a few feet, but it looked nicer than our mini suite for sure. Our cabin steward was Mo, who looked a bit like Yule Brenner. He was great.

Don't remember walking past you guys, but if your daughter used Splash Academy there's a good chance she got to know one or both of our kids. They (and we) had so much fun on this sailing.

If I may be so bold, only because we're looking at doing it all again -- how far out did you book, and was your cruise fare above or below $10k? I really wanted a two bedroom, but by the time we booked in February it was about $11k for 2 adults 2 kids. We were able to get a minisuite for $6200 or so and couldn't justify paying almost double.

Our daughter was constantly in the Splash Academy, she loved it.

We originally booked a mini-suite on deck 11 for $5700 in mid March 2 weeks before final payment and that included the speciality dining and shore ex deal. The day before final payment they were offering $140 OBC so I changed had it changed to add that but changed the shore ex to internet. Realized we could save money booking shore ex on our own.

June 22, 4 days before sailing I called the up-sell line. They told me they had the Haven, an aft penthouse on deck 8 IIRC, and the 2br family suite and they gave me the cabin numbers. They said that the cost for each cabin was pp but the charge was only for the first 2. The Haven was a total of $3000 extra, the aft penthouse was $1000 extra, and the 2br was $1500 extra. When comparing them all we didn't feel the Haven was worth the extra money and though tempted with an aft view we felt the extra $500 was worth it for the extra bedroom. Of course because it was an up-sell we did not gain any more booking perks and kept our original 2. But we did gain the suite perks of priority embarkation and disembarkation in Seattle and priority disembarkation at each port, breakfast and lunch in Moderno, and the services of the concierge and butler.

So in the end it was $7200 not including the tips for the concierge and butler.

If you haven't seen it, I have a trip report link in my signature below. Unfortunately due to photobuckets new policy of not allowing 3rd party linking unless you pay $400 a year the photos can't be seen.

Wow, that's what I get for listening to the first person I spoke with when I called upsell rather than calling again a few days before sailing. I was specifically told by upsell about 30 days out that once the ship was enrolled in the bidding program, it was out of their hands. I'd have paid those amounts to get into a bigger cabin, but none of my bids were accepted. Really good to know, thanks.

Wow, that's what I get for listening to the first person I spoke with when I called upsell rather than calling again a few days before sailing. I was specifically told by upsell about 30 days out that once the ship was enrolled in the bidding program, it was out of their hands. I'd have paid those amounts to get into a bigger cabin, but none of my bids were accepted. Really good to know, thanks.

Did you go this year or last year?

According to the signature line, jimsig sailed and did upsell in June of 2016. Upsells were much different a year ago than now.

Yep, I sailed in 2016. Can't believe it was over a year ago!

According to the signature line, jimsig sailed and did upsell in June of 2016. Upsells were much different a year ago than now.

I fail at reading comprehension. I also feel marginally better about not remembering having seem you in the hall. We sailed in 2017.

I fail at reading comprehension. I also feel marginally better about not remembering having seem you in the hall. We sailed in 2017.

That's OK. We all do from time to time. Someone recently resurrected this thread. I have seen threads 10yo come back up on another website about a certian mouse in Florida.

I did a mock booking at some point after we got back for the cruise you were on this year and it would have been 12k to book the 2br fam suite for the three of us with out an upsell. I'm glad I was able to save 5k :)