Getting the "New Bookings Only" response

I know this has been discussed before, but I cannot find a thread that answers my question...Prices for my upcoming cruise have recently dropped AND I managed to find two connecting balconies that were available! I called to try to upgrade my two interior connecting cabins to the two balconies. Both C & A reps (I've called twice...so far) initially gave me the upgrade price of just over $400, with the loss of my current OBC. Great! I'll take it! However, neither rep was actually able to do the upgrade and, after long holds with both, they returned to tell me that the price they gave me was for new bookings only.

Obviously, it's not worth it for me to cancel and re-book, as we are past final payment. Has anyone had any luck getting someone to override the "New Bookings Only" requirement? Just wondering if it's worth it to keep calling. Thanks!

Oh, and I forgot to mention...I was told that the low rates were for new bookings and were part of a Going, Going, Gone sale for the sailing. However, I cannot find any evidence of a current GGG sale on the website???

Oh, and I forgot to mention...I was told that the low rates were for new bookings and were part of a Going, Going, Gone sale for the sailing. However, I cannot find any evidence of a current GGG sale on the website???

Here is the current sale:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Thanks. Would I be able to call Resolutions directly?

I don't know of a direct number. However, I'd try calling C&A if you have not already, and ask them to transfer you to Resolutions.

Thank you! How come I never get these....Looks like the sale ends today. It's not urgent enough to escalate. I'm still happy with what I have. But, I will keep trying if prices are still low tomorrow!

Thank you! How come I never get these....Looks like the sale ends today. It's not urgent enough to escalate. I'm still happy with what I have. But, I will keep trying if prices are still low tomorrow!

They don't send them out. If you bookmark that page it usually updates every Thursday afternoon/evening. I would do as Bob suggested and try again and ask for Resolutions. Especially if the lower price is already available on their web site. Good luck- let us know how you make out

Edited by molly361

I just went through this last week for my upcoming Liberty cruise. I would keep trying. I went through a travel agent, but they said they were initially getting the "new bookings only" response from RCCL when they called. I asked them to ask again, because I didn't see how RCCL didn't want my money. Eventually, I got my upgrade to a balcony for $48. I did lose my $25 obc (no big deal).

I got the same thing right before final payment was due on an upcoming Oasis cruise. Worse part? All I wanted to do was switch cabins and they wouldn't let me. Said the cabin would cost me about $400 more to do. I asked why, considering a) it's on sale for $200 less than we paid for the room 2 doors down and b) it's the same cabin class. The rep gave me the 'it's new bookings only' spiel and tried to convince me I got the better deal. To date, no one has booked the cabin....

Edited by sperkins921

I got the same thing right before final payment was due on an upcoming Oasis cruise. Worse part? All I wanted to do was switch cabins and they wouldn't let me. Said the cabin would cost me about $400 more to do. I asked why, considering a) it's on sale for $200 less than we paid for the room 2 doors down and b) it's the same cabin class. The rep gave me the 'it's new bookings only' spiel and tried to convince me I got the better deal. To date, no one has booked the cabin....

If the cabin you want to change to is in the same category there should be no problem switching. I would try again. Good luck

It took me three emails and 4 calls until I found a rep who did what I wanted ( upgrade me for free from JS to GS ) after price drops. RCCL are the most incompetent inconsistent company I have come across in a long time. OP - I would keep calling if I was you or escalate to resolutions as suggested