Norweigan Breakaway to Bermuda - What time do you have to be back on the ship?

npro1464

I've tried searching for this everywhere but I can't seem to find an answer. I'm going to Bermuda on the 10/16 cruise that docks at Bermuda for 2.5 days. What time do you have to be back on the ship by on the first and second night you're there? Someone told me the Royal cruise they went on closed the doors for the night at 12:00 AM. Does Norwegian do this too? Thanks!

Edited by npro1464

I've tried searching for this everywhere but I can't seem to find an answer. I'm going to Bermuda on the 10/16 cruise that docks at Bermuda for 2.5 days. What time do you have to be back on the ship by on the first and second night you're there? Someone told me the Royal cruise they went on closed the doors for the night at 12:00 AM. Does Norwegian do this too? Thanks!

No, you can be out all of the time until the ship is about to leave if you want to. You could stay the night at a local hotel the 1st and 2nd nights if you want. Just as long as you're back on the 3rd day before the ship leaves. I could be wrong, but I believe you have to be back on board an hour before the departure time on the 3rd day. It'll say on your itinerary what time that is. Crew is a half hour later than passengers. Can someone confirm that it's an hour or am I wrong? I've cruised to Bermuda 4 times so you would think I would know.

The last time I checked, there was no curfew while the ship is in port. This may have changed, and we have never been out late enough on our last few Breakaway cruises to test this out.

That said, there isn't much to do in Bermuda in the middle of the night. Most businesses close at 5 except on harbor nights when establishments in Hamilton are open later. Restaurants and pubs are open later in general, but I don't know when "last call" in Bermuda is. There's a party bar at the Dockyard that I think is open pretty late (I specifically book cabins on the port side because you can hear the music and noise, and port side is the side facing the dock the majority of the time that Breakaway is docked in Bermuda).

Ferries and buses will stop running, so be aware of the schedule and how easy or difficult it will be for you to get a cab back to the boat depending on where you will be.

No, you can be out all of the time until the ship is about to leave if you want to. You could stay the night at a local hotel the 1st and 2nd nights if you want. Just as long as you're back on the 3rd day before the ship leaves. I could be wrong, but I believe you have to be back on board an hour before the departure time on the 3rd day. It'll say on your itinerary what time that is. Crew is a half hour later than passengers. Can someone confirm that it's an hour or am I wrong? I've cruised to Bermuda 4 times so you would think I would know.

There's no "specific" requirement to be back an hour before departure. This is a suggestion because they want everyone back in time. However, one of the best parts of an NCL Breakaway cruise to Bermuda is watching last minute people getting out a cab and desperately running to the ship a few minutes before departure. They will let those people on even though they were not there x minutes before departure.

That said, I wouldn't push it. There ARE people who have been left behind in Bermuda because they have failed to make it back to the ship on time.

There's no "specific" requirement to be back an hour before departure. This is a suggestion because they want everyone back in time. However, one of the best parts of an NCL Breakaway cruise to Bermuda is watching last minute people getting out a cab and desperately running to the ship a few minutes before departure. They will let those people on even though they were not there x minutes before departure.

That said, I wouldn't push it. There ARE people who have been left behind in Bermuda because they have failed to make it back to the ship on time.

You're right, they'll let you on if you get there 10 minutes before departure, but all the signs when you're leaving the ship say one hour. So we always use that as a guide in case something happens. We actually use an hour and a half as a guide.

Bermuda is on Atlantic time zone, ahead/behind Eastern time zone (I will let you go figure that out, on purpose) as folks sometimes do mistaken ship/shore time and ended up returning late, or very close to sailaway time for coming back to the U.S. mainland.

Breakaway's all abroad time on the last day (Friday, typically) is 2:30PM ADT for the 3 PM sailing - sync/match your watch and/or smartphone time against that on the gangway when going ashore and the posted time to be back. When in doubt, ask the crew there (i.e. security officer in uniform) - and, allow extra time in case of overcrowded transportation, flat tires, Sea Express ferry late in docking at the nearby pier, etc. Otherwise, you risk being inducted into the Pier Runner's Club and "live" on Bermuda's portcam seen by many & being "shared" by Youtube viewers.

Otherwise, there is no curfew and time to be back overnight - as noted - you can stay out on the islands, spend time at a hotel or guest house, etc. Wednesday night, the last ferry run is around 10 or 10:30 PM going back to Dockyard, check & confirm the latest schedule (except, if sea conditions are rough, all services will be suspended) Ditto for bus routes serving Dockyard, evening service is generally done by 10 PM or so from Hamilton's central bus terminal - check the website link given at the Destination/Bermuda forum here on CC. Of course, you can always take a taxi ride back (up to 4 or up to 7 or 8 in a taxi-van with higher rates) as long as money isn't a problem.

via Nexus 5X, Google Fi / WiFi on Tapatalk, VPN secured

Actually, all aboard is I/2 hour before sailaway for PAX and 1 hour for crew. I was on a shorex that returned precisely at 2:30. There were a few people after me but not many. I was on board at 2:37, a few stragglers at 2:45, but by 3PM precisely they were taking in the lines.

Roy