On the Constellation Now 23rd July

morechances

I have a 2A balcony starboard side. It was a last minute plan so not a lot to choose from.

The party was at 11AM and we left Venice a couple hours later. They could have waited until after we left. Not a lot of thought went in to this IMO.

Starboard on this cruise is actually quite nice. Lots to see from my balcony. Photo is live now. We are soon arriving at the entry to Messina.

Clark

1469527251581.jpg.3dd371be4163904733c18b9facedc485.jpg

So. Plan was to get out of bed early enough to grab a latte- actually a Baileys with a bit of latte flavour then go listen to Captain Vito share his stories on navigation in the main theatre.

Forgot one thing..... breakfast.

I have always taken advantage of the free room service for breakfast. It works out great. They call a few minutes before arriving. That is my wake up call! I eat breakfast on my balcony. Then get ready for my tour or whatever I have planned for the day.

It is so much easier than rushing around and waiting in the queues with the crowds before tours.

I didn't order room service this morning and messed up my whole schedule.

Captain Vito is quite funny and personable. Hope he is back from vacation before my October trip.

Spend lunch time cruising past Messina. What a great backdrop for a meal.

Tonight is our second chic night.

There are a lot of people that still dress up. I did bring a jacket. But no tie.

Seas are calm and the wind is noticeable. So it feels cooler than it is.

There will be a lot of sunburns today.

Bistro has been empty like always.

I will stop by and ask when they are converting and post later.

Calling for thunderstorms later. Which are always beautiful to watch in the open water.

I missed the movie under the stars the other night. Hope they will have another one this week. It was held in the pool area.

The age range on this cruise is probably late 30s to early 60s. But there are many younger couples too. A few kids. Fair number of teens too.

Must run for now.

But am always here for requests.

If anyone wants photos of some parts of the ship. Let me know.

Clark

Thanks for the info. When does Capt Vito go on vacation? We board on 7 August so perhaps we will miss him :(

Also curious what films are being shown?

Thanks again

Superman VS Batman was shown.

As for when Captain Vito leaves, I will try and find out.

So. They do now have the 9.7 32 gig in stock. New stock arrived.

As for the 12.9..... they do not carry that one yet.

I asked about it when we were on in early June, and they said they expected them soon -- but they confirmed that they only carry the base models because the extra $100 is a show-stopped for most onboard customers.

Thanks for this, I look forward to reading along as we are currently thinking of making our first booking on Constellation. I'd be very interested to hear when/if Ocean Liners will be removed as it's been mentioned here on CC that is on the cards.

Thanks for this, I look forward to reading along as we are currently thinking of making our first booking on Constellation. I'd be very interested to hear when/if Ocean Liners will be removed as it's been mentioned here on CC that is on the cards.

Apologies, I had a bit of a blonde moment when posting the above ;). I currently have a couple of other questions about Connie posted in another thread which you may be able to help me with.

Size of Balcony cabin: I read that regular balcony cabins on M-class are smaller than S-class. If you are sailing in a regular balcony cabin can you please let me know if you find the reduction in size noticeable or bothersome?

Shower: did I spot a dreaded shower curtain in a photo review of M-class? Please say it isn’t so!

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the info. When does Capt Vito go on vacation? We board on 7 August so perhaps we will miss him :(

Also curious what films are being shown?

Thanks again

He leaves in a couple of weeks and is not back until November. It seems like we will both miss him.

Apologies, I had a bit of a blonde moment when posting the above ;). I currently have a couple of other questions about Connie posted in another thread which you may be able to help me with.

Size of Balcony cabin: I read that regular balcony cabins on M-class are smaller than S-class. If you are sailing in a regular balcony cabin can you please let me know if you find the reduction in size noticeable or bothersome?

Shower: did I spot a dreaded shower curtain in a photo review of M-class? Please say it isn’t so!

Thanks so much!

For this cruise I am in a regular balcony. To me it does not seem too small. I will post a photo tomorrow.

As for the shower curtain....... it is so!!!

Clark

May of next year is the scheduled change. So it will be around until then.

Could you tell me what shops they have on board please? Thank you :)

All of the typical jewellery and watch shops. A nice cruisewear shop, a duty free ( closed on my trip as I am only in the EU) a perfume shop and a ladies clothing shop.

A couple of pictures attached.

1469557492227.jpg.ba91ee08e4c586c75fef7514c149ec82.jpg

1469557514805.jpg.1e01fcd0b7e7460c0684507c7d4ab27d.jpg

1469557536255.jpg.0601e3ff9cc86425f4f9206abfb31e6d.jpg

1469557557845.jpg.3e77a709cb2338685f0c93fbe031a16b.jpg

1469557578105.jpg.1912ad96ecec730c4acdcc8ee0510751.jpg

Clark! You have me on a roller coaster of emotions!;)

For this cruise I am in a regular balcony. To me it does not seem too small. I will post a photo tomorrow.

This is encouraging, thank you. I'd love to see a photo. Currently I'm imagining a very small sofa wedged in between the bed and the balcony. Hopefully I'm wrong.

As for the shower curtain....... it is so!!!

Oh no!!! I suppose it's too much to hope for that it's not the kind of shower curtain that likes to get friendly with ones nether regions, is it? :o Of course the size of the shower tray comes into play here also. If I could impinge upon you to post a photo of that also I'd be very grateful.

I really need to decide by tomorrow whether to take a chance on Connie or not so your help is much appreciated Clark.

This is encouraging, thank you. I'd love to see a photo. Currently I'm imagining a very small sofa wedged in between the bed and the balcony. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Oh no!!! I suppose it's too much to hope for that it's not the kind of shower curtain that likes to get friendly with ones nether regions, is it? :o Of course the size of the shower tray comes into play here also. If I could impinge upon you to post a photo of that also I'd be very grateful.

I really need to decide by tomorrow whether to take a chance on Connie or not so your help is much appreciated Clark.

Hahahahhahaha. As I was writing my response I was actually going to mention that. It is a pet peeve of me as well.

Rest assured that I have left my shower each time unabused.

I will post some cabin photos tomorrow. Hope it is not too late. I am not back to my cabin for a while and would rather take the photos in the light.

I am interested to know what is holding you back.

I really like this ship.

I was a bit worried about the size compared to the S Class ships. But it is not lacking anything.

Clark, please do not,under any circumstances, curtail your enjoyment of the ship on my account. I have more than 24 hours and as you say, the photos would be best taken in daylight. For you, it's now time to enjoy the Martini bar, a great dinner, fun with new friends and maybe a show. Or whatever you're having yourself, I'm just daydreaming about what I'd be doing if I were in your shoes right now :). In reality, I'm at home on a "school night" watching the rain fall on the west coast of Ireland :rolleyes:.

There's not much holding me back from Connie now, to be honest, except the cabin size and shower. I'd miss the S-class lawn but other than that, sounds like Connie is a beaut! Actually, I just thought of another question. How is the buffet layout? I love the way the stations are laid out on S-class, and the fact that items are replicated on both sides. There's never a queue for anything. Is it similar on Connie?

Thank you again for all your help - have a wonderful evening :).

Clark,

Have they been offering any discounts for Ocean Liners?

Eloise,

The buffet setup is different on M class ships. There's no walking around the stations, it's a central area on both sides that you walk completely around. The end section is great for paninis made to order etc. Some pax aren't keen on the layout, however my kids love the M class Oceanview ;).

The Concierge cabins are slightly larger on the M class than regular balconies (just thought I'd point that out as I know you were querying sizes ;)).

The buffet setup is different on M class ships. There's no walking around the stations, it's a central area on both sides that you walk completely around. The end section is great for paninis made to order etc. Some pax aren't keen on the layout, however my kids love the M class Oceanview ;).

The Concierge cabins are slightly larger on the M class than regular balconies (just thought I'd point that out as I know you were querying sizes ;)).

Thanks for the information on the buffet villauk. Sounds like there might be potential for queues?

I had to laugh when I read your comment re larger Concierge cabins :). In the thread I started asking about cabin size, I mentioned that I knew Concierge cabins are larger but that given the way Celebrity's pricing is going, I wasn't inclined to look at this option ;). I knew if I didn't say that, helpful people such as yourself would be obliged to tell me! But thank you!