Protien Bars

Fireman9302

I had the sleeve done about 19 mos ago and did a cruise at 6 mos post surgery and another just a couple weeks ago. Didn't pack any powder, but did bring my own protein bars and peanut butter crackers.

Was so excited to get on the scale this week after our 8-day cruise last week and no gain, woohoo!! Plenty of healthier options and lots of walking. I was worried last year since one of the beauties of a cruise had been all the food! I had to be mindful about not having to "clean my plate". I hate to be wasteful... sometimes DH will finish my meal. And, on a couple of occasions I'd ask for the leftovers to go back to my cabin. Though that plate and cover wouldn't fit in the fridge! I read from someone that they pack foil wraps or baggies or something to put the leftovers into, but I forgot to get those!

Have a great cruise, enjoy! You've got this!

Thank you, but I had a gastic sleeve surgery several months ago..sooo one shrimp cocktail will probably do me in!

I had a Rouen- y gastric bypass which is even more restrictive than the sleeve back in November. We did a B2B on the Freedom in June and I had no problems getting enough protein. There was almost always meat and cheese available. The breakfast buffet always had hard boiled eggs. I'd take a few back to our fridge to eat later in the day.

However, to your question.. I agree with others, bring your own. You know what you like and what is working for you.

Congrats on your loss, hang in there!