Crown Princess Cabins...Worth the Upgrade?

jscruise

I am currently booked in a category BC balcony on Aloha Deck for the July 29, 2006 sailing out of NY. I have sailed many times before, but never with Princess. My question is this...I have been given the option to upgrade to an AC mini-suite for $279 per person or an AB mini-suite for $372 per person. If you were given either of these options, which would you choose, if any and why?

Thanks for all your help.

jscruise

NCL-Dreamward, Dream, s/s Norway (2), Sun, Sea, Dawn

CCL-Pride

RCI-Enchantment (2)

For that price I would definitely upgrade to one of those mini suite categories. The mini suites are so much more roomier and have an actual full sized bathtub and a sitting area. Where as the balcony cabins only have a shower and no sitting area to speak of.

I am currently booked in a category BC balcony on Aloha Deck for the July 29, 2006 sailing out of NY. I have sailed many times before, but never with Princess. My question is this...I have been given the option to upgrade to an AC mini-suite for $279 per person or an AB mini-suite for $372 per person. If you were given either of these options, which would you choose, if any and why?

The only reason I would not go with the mini-suite is that the balcony is open, so if you hit any rainy weather you will not be able to sit out there, or if you have to limit your sun exposure, you would only be able to use the balcony part of the time during the day or in the evening. We were in a BB on the Caribe deck on the Caribbean Princess. We did not miss having a couch as most of our cabin time was spent on the balcony even when it rained. The Caribe deck balconies are half covered and the largest ones on the ship except for suites.

We've booked the Crown for next year with a BB cabin on the Caribe deck.

Archived