Can't decide between Victory or Royal

kwazi07

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of booking a cruise for next March. I've narrowed it down to two cruises and I cannot decide.

Here are the facts:

Carnival Victory: departs out of Miami. $2210 for the five of us (two in an inside, three in a balcony). Four nights, visits Cozumel and Key West. We could upgrade to an aft view extended balcony making the total $2280, or $2510 for a wrap around aft balcony. We could also do two standard balconies for $2500.

Navigator of the Seas: departs out of Miami. $2900 for the five of us with one interior and one deluxe balcony. For a larger balcony room it would be $2950.

It's a five night cruise that stops in Cozumel and Nassau. We would also get $75 in OBC.

Here is my issue. I'd like to have a longer cruise than four nights, and the port stops on Carnival are very short (six hours in Key West, and only five hours before dinner in Cozumel). However, I definitely want to visit Cozumel and visiting Key West would be pretty cool. I also love Carnival's MDR food...I need some WCMC right now. The aft balcony would be nice too, and there's something about Carnival I love. The water slides are fun too.

However, the Navigator of the Seas is a much more impressive ship...ice rink, flowrider, etc. However I'm not too thrilled about the stop in Nassau and the price is a little high. But I do love my sea days and this has two. And I think Royal Caribbean has nicer rooms, activities, and shows.

I'm really stuck between the two. There's things I like about each one and things I don't. I'll also be posting this on the RC boards to get a balanced opinion.

Thanks!

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

Comes down to basics, ship or itinerary. Me, I'm an itinerary person.

I'm more of a ship person but I'd much rather be in Key West than Nassau.

Edited by kwazi07

Hi everyone!

I And I think Royal Caribbean has nicer rooms, activities, and shows.

/QUOTE]

Nope, RCI has smaller cabins and they are NOT nicer than CCL Valor cabins.....however, Royal does have some amenities that CCL does not have, like Ice Rink, Flow rider etc....thus there is an ice show, and overall their entertainment is better than CCL. But for me, 7 day cruises beat 5 day cruises any time, the itinerary and where I want to go makes a difference too, as well as cost.....so the 'ball is in your court" to determine what means more to you!! Good Luck!

Hi everyone!

I And I think Royal Caribbean has nicer rooms, activities, and shows.

/QUOTE]

Nope, RCI has smaller cabins and they are NOT nicer than CCL Valor cabins.....however, Royal does have some amenities that CCL does not have, like Ice Rink, Flow rider etc....thus there is an ice show, and overall their entertainment is better than CCL. But for me, 7 day cruises beat 5 day cruises any time, the itinerary and where I want to go makes a difference too, as well as cost.....so the 'ball is in your court" to determine what means more to you!! Good Luck!

Yeah, I know they're smaller. I just think they're more aesthetically pleasing so I like them [emoji53]

just my 2 cents....we were on the Victory last year for 5 days and really enjoyed the ship and the crew. The CD was a riot: Marcello Marshmallow. He could be found around the ship and made us laugh whenever we saw him. We felt well cared for by the staff and the room was very comfortable with a bit of breathing room. ... comedy shows were awful, but that's the only bad thing I can say. enjoy! :)

Edited by cthrn27

I was on Victory in January (2nd time on Victory) 5 night cruise to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. I prefer Carnival cabins over RCCL slightly larger. Had a balcony (9294) cabin steps from the pool. Food was good in the MDR. I opted to pay the extra for lobster at dinner. I was on Allure in April and it was a good cruise but for a short cruise I would pick Victory. :D:D

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of booking a cruise for next March. I've narrowed it down to two cruises and I cannot decide.

Here are the facts:

Carnival Victory: departs out of Miami. $2210 for the five of us (two in an inside, three in a balcony). Four nights, visits Cozumel and Key West. We could upgrade to an aft view extended balcony making the total $2280, or $2510 for a wrap around aft balcony. We could also do two standard balconies for $2500.

Navigator of the Seas: departs out of Miami. $2900 for the five of us with one interior and one deluxe balcony. For a larger balcony room it would be $2950.

It's a five night cruise that stops in Cozumel and Nassau. We would also get $75 in OBC.

Here is my issue. I'd like to have a longer cruise than four nights, and the port stops on Carnival are very short (six hours in Key West, and only five hours before dinner in Cozumel). However, I definitely want to visit Cozumel and visiting Key West would be pretty cool. I also love Carnival's MDR food...I need some WCMC right now. The aft balcony would be nice too, and there's something about Carnival I love. The water slides are fun too.

However, the Navigator of the Seas is a much more impressive ship...ice rink, flowrider, etc. However I'm not too thrilled about the stop in Nassau and the price is a little high. But I do love my sea days and this has two. And I think Royal Caribbean has nicer rooms, activities, and shows.

I'm really stuck between the two. There's things I like about each one and things I don't. I'll also be posting this on the RC boards to get a balanced opinion.

Thanks!

The Victory is an old clunker.