Attire for Scenic Cruises on Danube?

Oregonian

What do men and women wear on Scenic Cruises on the Danube, both on the cruise and in cities like Budapest, Prague and Vienna? Should we bring formal or at least dress-up wear for the evening concert in Vienna or our one evening dining at Table La Rive?

Good Evening Oregonian,

LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary from Sugar Land,Texas.

More a matter of personal taste but on our cruise last September Amsterdam to Budapest most but not all did Dress for the occasion.

Not that it is mandatory but I guess it suits the mood. As to like as you said Table La Rive and the Private concert in Vienna at the Litchenstein Palace and if you are seated at the Captains Table.

Again personal taste as after all you are on vacation and you shall probably never see any of these folks ever again.

What part of Oregon?

All I can say is good choice in cruising with Scenic. You are in for a Funtastic Cruising Adventure filled with Loungin"Laugin" and lots of fine Tastin Libations.

The cruise is Spectacular but it is the folks that you meet and the friendships that are formed as those ships shall sail Forever.

Smooth Sailings

Gary

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

On our Rhine cruise on Scenic, people for the most part wore nice casual attire, men wore trousers and collared polo type shirt and ladies slacks or skirt and top. For the special concert evening my husband took a sport coat which was perfect for the cooler outdoor temperature, but you didn't need to wear one. On certain evenings I saw some people dressed a bit nicer, but by no means formal like on an ocean cruise.

On the tours people wore mostly jeans, as it was cooler. Definitely casual!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

People dressed a wide variety of ways for the concert in Vienna. One man was wearing a white dinner jacket and his wife was wearing a long strapless red gown. Another man was wearing shorts, a travel vest and no socks.

At dinner, people tended to wear "resort casual": shirts with collars, no jeans, shorts or flip flops. Nicer dresses and slacks but not cocktail attire.