NCL Jade? Carnival Pride? RCCL Rhapsody?

gumbypee

I am looking to go out of FL around jan feb 2017. These three are out of Tampa but I am overwhelmed with the amount of info out there to try to figure out which one to take! I kinda wanted a newer ship b/c I am going to go with someone who has never cruised before so I want them to have an awesome time. I don't mind going to another port in FL but, like I said, I am overwhelmed. Any guidance would be appreciated

The Pride has an extremely easy deck plan, never got lost on a Spirit class ship. Check out the Obstructed Balcony cabins. Those starting at the fourth lifeboat are only obstructed when looking down. Also, check out the French Door Inside cabins, some have a view between the life boats.

Here's a very good review, start at #38 for the ship.

Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199226

Edited by SadieN

The Pride has an extremely easy deck plan, never got lost on a Spirit class ship. Check out the Obstructed Balcony cabins. Those starting at the fourth lifeboat are only obstructed when looking down. Also, check out the French Door Inside cabins, some have a view between the life boats.

Here's a very good review, start at #38 for the ship.

Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199226

thanks! I will definitely check out the review

I am looking to go out of FL around jan feb 2017. These three are out of Tampa but I am overwhelmed with the amount of info out there to try to figure out which one to take! I kinda wanted a newer ship b/c I am going to go with someone who has never cruised before so I want them to have an awesome time. I don't mind going to another port in FL but, like I said, I am overwhelmed. Any guidance would be appreciated

Hi there

Just a different take on your inquiry here.

We have been on many cruises with the cruise lines that you have mentioned and we have had a great time, every time.

What I am trying to say is that instead of trying to make this cruise something really "awesome" as you put it, just select your cruise the same as you normally would. Look at itinerary, price, ship amenities etc...

People on their first cruise tend to either really enjoy it (don't forget they don't have a previous cruise to compare it to), or they don't. If they don't there is very little about the ship that would make the difference.

Unless you want to look at one of the luxury lines, I don't believe that any one of the other lines would be so special to make a difference in whether your friend really enjoyed themselves. The reason people have a "great" time is because of what they are doing and who they are doing it with.

so go have a great time

Hi there

Just a different take on your inquiry here.

We have been on many cruises with the cruise lines that you have mentioned and we have had a great time, every time.

What I am trying to say is that instead of trying to make this cruise something really "awesome" as you put it, just select your cruise the same as you normally would. Look at itinerary, price, ship amenities etc...

People on their first cruise tend to either really enjoy it (don't forget they don't have a previous cruise to compare it to), or they don't. If they don't there is very little about the ship that would make the difference.

Unless you want to look at one of the luxury lines, I don't believe that any one of the other lines would be so special to make a difference in whether your friend really enjoyed themselves. The reason people have a "great" time is because of what they are doing and who they are doing it with.

so go have a great time

you are brilliant. Thank you. I think I needed this put into perspective for me like you just did. everything you said rings true. many thanks!!!!

I have been on over 10 cruises the majority on Carnival, but also Princcess, RCI and Seven Seas. Have heard negative comments re Norweigan over the years but haven't actually sailed on them. Could I have some opinions of what others who have sailed on these ships think of Norweigan?

Hi OP. I saw your thread over on the DIS and understand you've settled on the Rhapsody. I think this is a GOOD choice, especially for a first-timer. As others have mentioned, the first time one cruises is going to be pretty great and there's so much to take in. Starting out on a more modest ship allows lots of room to "grow" into mega-ships with all the bells and whistles; and getting to be amazed and delighted over and over again. Climbing up that ladder can be fun! We started 12 years ago on Monarch of the Seas and haven't made it to Oasis-class yet but we're having a wonderful time trying! :D

Edited by ronandannette