Bonnie -question about Maldives

Leo_On_Geo

Hello there Vicki, we hope you and Charlie are well. Fredy and I had a great day on the island and the snorkelling is great, you'll really enjoy it. The island is very small, it couldn't have taken us ten minutes to walk around it. I really can't imagine a resort having been built there.

Although everywhere has its charm, Male isn't the most interesting place we've been to. It has a fish market and mosque and not much more to see. On the occasion we were there,not the time we did Kuda Bandos with Azamara, everyone was back on the ship after about an hour and a half, less for many.

If you are tendered as we were in 2014, definitely take the free tender to the island, you'll love it.

Jenni

Hi Jenni, lovely to hear from you and Fredy. It sounds like a perfect chill day for us. We shall definatly pack the snorkelling gear. Are you on this sailing?

Hope we meet again some day on the high seas!

Love to you both

Vicki

Hi Bonnie,

Any news about the plans for this port Nov 12, 2016? The land Discoveries brochure remains the same.

Thanks,

Lisa

No, but thanks for reminding me. I'll shoot off a msg to the itinerary dept again.

Flash update...my Itin Dept says they are waiting for more info from the Port Agent in Maldives.

As soon as I hear I'll post.

Edited by BBMacLaird
Quickly rcvd reply from HQ

Hello there Vicki, we hope you and Charlie are well. Fredy and I had a great day on the island and the snorkelling is great, you'll really enjoy it. The island is very small, it couldn't have taken us ten minutes to walk around it. I really can't imagine a resort having been built there.

Although everywhere has its charm, Male isn't the most interesting place we've been to. It has a fish market and mosque and not much more to see. On the occasion we were there,not the time we did Kuda Bandos with Azamara, everyone was back on the ship after about an hour and a half, less for many.

If you are tendered as we were in 2014, definitely take the free tender to the island, you'll love it.

Jenni

Hi Jenni! We would love to talk with you and Fredy next month on Quest about your experiences in the Seychelles and Maldives. We're going there in April on Journey.

Looking forward to seeing you again! Safe travels. -Ruth and Larry

• 3 weeks later...
No, but thanks for reminding me. I'll shoot off a msg to the itinerary dept again.

Flash update...my Itin Dept says they are waiting for more info from the Port Agent in Maldives.

As soon as I hear I'll post.

Hi Bonnie

Is there any news yet? Thanks

I am not sure what this answer means. Are we docking in Male or anchoring at Kuda Bandos?

I got independant confirmation from LCV Nicole that we will be off Kuda Bandos, with the tenders to the picnic island. The Male tours will probably leave from the ship via other tenders. However as mentioned by G Gilly this could possibly change at a later date.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

I got independant confirmation from LCV Nicole that we will be off Kuda Bandos, with the tenders to the picnic island. The Male tours will probably leave from the ship via other tenders. However as mentioned by G Gilly this could possibly change at a later date.

Thanks for clarifying!

Cynthia