Club 02 on Dream

almitra

My 17 YO son is cruising with me in a week on Dream. He tried a couple of times to check out Club 02 on Freedom 5 mos agai, but hardly anyone was ever there & he was so disappointed that it wasn't a "go" there like he's always experienced as a youngster in Camp Carnival for many years prior. Is there a best time for him to go the first day/night & if so, how do we know what time? TIA!

Not on the Dream, but her sister ship the Magic.

There was a notice, I think in the Funtimes on embarkation day, to register at the theatre if not pre-registered. Then an "official" opening that same evenining in Club O2. At the evening meeting they had a chance to meet and mingle, and were given a schedule of all activities planned for the entire week.

Kids were free to come and go to any of the activities. More often my granddaughter would meet with a smaller group of kids just to hang out.

We made a loose outline for the next day each evening at dinner, used post-it notes left on the mirror, and never had any trouble finding each other.

She can hardly wait to be on the Breeze later this month.

Anyone with experience on Dream's Club 02?

We were just on the Dream in June. Our daughter went the first night for the meet and greet, it is listed in the fun times and on the Club 02 schedule(we received that when we signed the kids up on the ship that afternoon.

She met several people the first night, and they hung out most of the week.

she loved it!

My son was not enthused about the kids /teens club this time on the Breeze. I think it was because it was much different from the camp carnival/camp ocean he had been used to all the years before. I think he was a little intimidated by the fact that the activities required him to walk up to other kids and "join in". He didn't really seem to want to spend the time building those relationships this time as he did before. Partly pre-teen moods, partly because he wants a lot of alone time these days. Good luck with your son, I think its good when they meet other kids on vacation so they have someone to hang out with during downtimes.

Just got off Fascination last week. My 15 year old daughter loves Club O2 and thought it was the best part of the trip. It's good because we spend the day together but in the evening she gets a little time away from mom:-)

I think the trick is they need to be there the first night at the meet and greet. The kids kind of take off all over the ship and hang out in different areas. They make a lot of their own plans after they get to know each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My 16 yr old daughter loved club O2 on the dream. You must have your teen go on the very first night, that's the secret to success! It's difficult to just show up the next day after most of thw kids have bonded and had fun the night before. My CD thinks it's the very best part of cruising.

• 1 month later...

Definitely go the first night for the sign-up and meet-n-greet and get the activity list for the week. A lot of the activities planned are not necessarily in the club, so it may be that the kids were hanging out elsewhere when your son went by to check. My son loved his time in Club O2.