Seattle Pre/Post cruise itinerary question

sunbird21

Hi,

My mom and I are staying 2 nights pre cruise and 1 night post cruise at the Embassy Suites by the airport in September. We both land at SEA mid morning on a Friday(cruise leaves on Sunday). In our planning, we had only planned on walking around downtown Seattle and going to brunch at the Space Needle on Saturday.

In further research, I discovered the Woodinville area of wineries, and we are now interested in spending one of the three days renting a car and visiting the wineries. My original idea was to rent it in the AM on the Sunday that we return and do the tours then- but then had an idea.

As I ran with the idea, I found that the car rental price was less expensive to rent on the Saturday pre-cruise, so my new plan is this...

Pick up the car at the airport Saturday morning and visit the wineries

Keep the car overnight and drop mom and luggage off at Pier 66 Sunday morning

Drop car off at downtown location and walk back to the pier (I live in Manhattan, so if the walk is a mile or two its no problem).

Is this plan feasible? My only concerns are if its easy enough for my mom to drop off the luggage and wait in the terminal for me. Our "check in time is 11am, so obviously I would drop her off well before that, but don't know how strictly NCL watches this for luggage drop off, waiting in the terminal, etc.

If so, I would move my Space Needle reservation to the Sunday of our return, assuming that we could get transport back to Embassy Suites and take the light rail back before brunch closes.

Any advice/feedback appreciated!

Thanks,

Stacey

So we rented a car for 1 day as well, 24 hours. When I looked online, the rates were higher. The night before we wanted to rent, we called Enterprise on 3rd at Stewart. They gave us a rate about $20-30 cheaper than online. They also have a free shuttle to the cruise piers. So we dropped the car off on Tuesday morning and the shuttle was there in like 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly suggestion from a "local".....switch hotels. While I love Embassy Suites, the SeaTac airport Embassy Suites is NOT close to the airport. The only thing it is close to, is an average Westfield mall. Very boring area for tourists.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rentals at the airport can be more expensive than "off-site" locations such as downtown. The big car rental center has to be paid for by someone so they stick it to renters.

If you have not found it already the Woodinville wine area has a nice web site with a good map and a list of events. Occasionally there are big name concerts that can make the area pretty crowded especially near Chateau Ste. Michelle. Woodinville Wine

The winery area is set up in 4 districts with the Warehouse District being the most concentrated. The next largest is the Hollywood District (with Chateau Ste. Michelle) is 2.8 miles away.