Halloween on the High Seas Tickets

GrammaMimi12

By the time I did our online check in all the early arrivals were taken and we won't be getting on the ship until 12:15. I've read that the tickets for the Halloween events run out early so does that mean we are out of luck as far as attending these events !! This trip is not off to a good start as my travel agent said nothing about online check ins !! I have been learning as I go as a first time cruiser...many of the events my granddaughter was interested in were already sold out and now it seems we will be out of luck for the Halloween events as well. Is there anyway that we might be able get on earlier or if anyone has cruised during Halloween, do these special events occur only once during the cruise or multiple times.....or are we out of luck once again !!

By the time I did our online check in all the early arrivals were taken and we won't be getting on the ship until 12:15. I've read that the tickets for the Halloween events run out early so does that mean we are out of luck as far as attending these events !! This trip is not off to a good start as my travel agent said nothing about online check ins !! I have been learning as I go as a first time cruiser...many of the events my granddaughter was interested in were already sold out and now it seems we will be out of luck for the Halloween events as well. Is there anyway that we might be able get on earlier or if anyone has cruised during Halloween, do these special events occur only once during the cruise or multiple times.....or are we out of luck once again !!

Unless things have changed, there are no tickets for the Halloween events.

As to your Port Arrival Time, arriving around 12:00-12:30 is really the "sweet spot". It's after the masses of people have started boarding, thus emptying out the terminal. You'll find much shorter check in lines, and by the time you check in, your boarding number will have already been called.

The Halloween-specific activities are primarily on one day. But, there may be one or two on other days.

Again, there's nothing you need a ticket for that's a Halloween specific activity.

The "sold out" events you're talking about - do you mean the Princess Gathering and/or the Frozen meet & greet? Check as soon as you board to see if there are still available tickets. The location may be indicated in the Navigator you get in the terminal at check in. If not, it's either Guest Services or the Port Adventures desk (I'd start with Guest Services). There have been reports that there were still a few tickets available onboard (possibly not all tickets are released for online booking). Also, keep checking online, sometimes people book things and then have to cancel, something may open up before your cruise.

Good luck.

As to your Port Arrival Time, arriving around 12:00-12:30 is really the "sweet spot". It's after the masses of people have started boarding, thus emptying out the terminal. You'll find much shorter check in lines, and by the time you check in, your boarding number will have already been called.

The Halloween-specific activities are primarily on one day. But, there may be one or two on other days.

Again, there's nothing you need a ticket for that's a Halloween specific activity.

The "sold out" events you're talking about - do you mean the Princess Gathering and/or the Frozen meet & greet? Check as soon as you board to see if there are still available tickets. The location may be indicated in the Navigator you get in the terminal at check in. If not, it's either Guest Services or the Port Adventures desk (I'd start with Guest Services). There have been reports that there were still a few tickets available onboard (possibly not all tickets are released for online booking). Also, keep checking online, sometimes people book things and then have to cancel, something may open up before your cruise.

Good luck.

Yes, the breakfast and princess gatherings were already sold out. Glad to hear that the later arrival might actually be a GOOD thing ! It does sound as though at least 2 of the Halloween events are per ticket only but if we miss out we will just find something else to keep us busy. Thank you so much for your help. Wanted to treat my kids to a Palo dinner with wine tasting...worth the money ?

Good luck.

Shmoo, I wonder if they have a Jack and Sally meet and greet that is ticketed?

Grandmamimi,

Can you tell us which events your granddaughter wanted to experience, and then people can better judge the possibilities of getting tickets or if they are required.

ex techie

Yes, the breakfast and princess gatherings were already sold out. Glad to hear that the later arrival might actually be a GOOD thing ! It does sound as though at least 2 of the Halloween events are per ticket only but if we miss out we will just find something else to keep us busy. Thank you so much for your help. Wanted to treat my kids to a Palo dinner with wine tasting...worth the money ?

I don't know what two events those would be. Unless they've decided to make the Jack & Sally meet & greet one. In the past that was right after the Nightmare Before Christmas show in the Walt Disney Theater, no ticket required.

What were the events you heard were requiring a ticket?

I don't know what two events those would be. Unless they've decided to make the Jack & Sally meet & greet one. In the past that was right after the Nightmare Before Christmas show in the Walt Disney Theater, no ticket required.

What were the events you heard were requiring a ticket?

So someone who writes under the name of Kids On a Plane wrote several tips concerning events and the need for tickets. She said that it's basically first come first served and guests are assigned a time slot for Halloween themed events and you can only attend during the time which you are assigned and these events include Mickey's Mouse-querade and A Nightmare Before Christmas followed by a meet and great with Jack and Sally. It was hard to tell if there were multiple days of each event or just one day with multiple time slots. Would liked to have been able to attend both events.

So someone who writes under the name of Kids On a Plane wrote several tips concerning events and the need for tickets. She said that it's basically first come first served and guests are assigned a time slot for Halloween themed events and you can only attend during the time which you are assigned and these events include Mickey's Mouse-querade and A Nightmare Before Christmas followed by a meet and great with Jack and Sally. It was hard to tell if there were multiple days of each event or just one day with multiple time slots. Would liked to have been able to attend both events.

Well, I don't know when that person sailed a Halloween cruise, but those events were certainly not ticketed ones on the Halloween cruises I've been on (4 to date).

Mickey's Mouse-querade is a party in the atrium:

2gv4upx.jpg

Nightmare Before Christmas was in the Walt Disney Theater (late) followed by the Jack & Sally Meet & Greet in the lobby there (I got a picture of them on one of our cruises - it wasn't a ticketed event then). I seem to recall that might not been on the Halloween specific date, though. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Hey!

Just located the kidsonaplane blog, and you are reading some bits wrong and worrying unnecessarily!

The ticketed meet and greets are not held in the atrium, so Mickey's Mouse-querade Party is for everyone aboard! And it says it's held twice.

all of these

Mask and Pumpkin Carving Crafts – Halloween-themed activities at the youth clubs

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream – An interactive movie experience followed by a character meet with Jack and Sally

Haunted Stories of the Sea – Spooky Storytime in the atrium

Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids – An adults-only dance party that includes a costume party

are available to everyone! No ticket!

And as for Character Breakfast and Princess meet's, if they are not available to book online, keep checking, and if you board without them, the Navigator newsletter you receive in the terminal before you board will list where to go to secure tickets. You may still be able to get them as many people are just so excited to board and dont even read it until later on in the day.

Wishing you and your gang the best cruise ever! But two things before I go!

If you haven't already, read the tips thread at the top of this page, as it will give you a good idea of what to do and what not to do!

Second, ask questions if you are unsure!

ex techie

Oh, and have you worked out any plans for the JVD excursion yet?

I think the water taxi you saw might have been from St Thomas not Tortola that required a customs charge.

Hey!

Just located the kidsonaplane blog, and you are reading some bits wrong and worrying unnecessarily!

The ticketed meet and greets are not held in the atrium, so Mickey's Mouse-querade Party is for everyone aboard! And it says it's held twice.

all of these

Mask and Pumpkin Carving Crafts – Halloween-themed activities at the youth clubs

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream – An interactive movie experience followed by a character meet with Jack and Sally

Haunted Stories of the Sea – Spooky Storytime in the atrium

Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids – An adults-only dance party that includes a costume party

are available to everyone! No ticket!

And as for Character Breakfast and Princess meet's, if they are not available to book online, keep checking, and if you board without them, the Navigator newsletter you receive in the terminal before you board will list where to go to secure tickets. You may still be able to get them as many people are just so excited to board and dont even read it until later on in the day.

Wishing you and your gang the best cruise ever! But two things before I go!

If you haven't already, read the tips thread at the top of this page, as it will give you a good idea of what to do and what not to do!

Second, ask questions if you are unsure!

ex techie

Oh, and have you worked out any plans for the JVD excursion yet?

I think the water taxi you saw might have been from St Thomas not Tortola that required a customs charge.

Thank you so much for the assistance !! Glad to hear !! I contacted Foxy's and although a bit pricey, set up an excursion with them. They offer some snorkeling stops etc which appealed to us and also a plus that they could pick us up right off the dock. Thank you again for all your help ! As a first timer, it is somewhat daunting to put all the pieces together !!

Well, I don't know when that person sailed a Halloween cruise, but those events were certainly not ticketed ones on the Halloween cruises I've been on (4 to date).

Mickey's Mouse-querade is a party in the atrium:

2gv4upx.jpg

Nightmare Before Christmas was in the Walt Disney Theater (late) followed by the Jack & Sally Meet & Greet in the lobby there (I got a picture of them on one of our cruises - it wasn't a ticketed event then). I seem to recall that might not been on the Halloween specific date, though. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Thank you again for all your help. Another reader who was kind enough to weigh in also believes that the article I read wasn't referring to the Halloween events as requiring tickets. So as you said, shouldn't have a problem in getting to see them. Also glad to hear the late arrival time is not the kiss of death I thought it would be !!

Thank you so much for the assistance !! Glad to hear !! I contacted Foxy's and although a bit pricey, set up an excursion with them. They offer some snorkeling stops etc which appealed to us and also a plus that they could pick us up right off the dock. Thank you again for all your help ! As a first timer, it is somewhat daunting to put all the pieces together !!

You're welcome!

I hope the JVD trip is amazing and you have a great cruise!

ex techie

Hey one last question ( actually two..) On the three day Halloween cruise what night is the interactive "Nightmare" movie in the theater? And is there still Pirate night?

I'm on the Oct 28th three day Dream cruise.

Thanks!

Hey one last question ( actually two..) On the three day Halloween cruise what night is the interactive "Nightmare" movie in the theater? And is there still Pirate night?

I'm on the Oct 28th three day Dream cruise.

Thanks!

Yes, there is a Pirate night. But there's no special Pirate menu. Since it's only 3 nights each dining room just serves it's own Signature menu every night.

Also, on the 3 night cruise most of the Halloween activities are the same day as Pirate night. In the past, the Nightmare Before Christmas Scream-along was the first night, 10:45 pm. Some Halloween activities occur on the other two days.

Edited by Shmoo here