Sky Train Multiple Day

We are anticipating staying at the La Quinta airport four days prior before leaving on a coastal transit. Can we buy a multi day pass for the train. Suggestions please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kiwimum

We are anticipating staying at the La Quinta airport four days prior before leaving on a coastal transit. Can we buy a multi day pass for the train. Suggestions please?

As far as I know, there are no multi-day passes unless you splurge on a monthly pass. There are two options. Load a Compass card up with $20 or so, or just purchase day passes each day you want to use transit.

http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Stored-Value.aspx

That's the website for Vancouver public transit info, including the Skytrain.

We are anticipating staying at the La Quinta airport four days prior before leaving on a coastal transit.
With a half mile walk to the Lansdowne Canada Line station... the La Quinta is not my preferred transit friendly hotel.

Booking.com shows it's $142 USD a night at La Quinta. For a similar price range having availability right in downtown...

• $152 Empire Landmark
  • $197 Blue Horizon

Edited by xlxo

Thanks for the responses. We do not mind walking so the half mile is not an issue, have looked at google earth and it is very straightforward. We are paying around $90 a night at Laquinta. Our usual go to hotels around Canada place are sold out.

Aegis is correct, no multiday pass other than monthly (poor value unless you basically do full time commute involving daily round trips). A word of warning about loading Compass Cards - as a friend discovered, if you load a day pass it is automatically taken the next time you tap in, whether you wanted to use it that day or not.

The old-school paper ones you could just scratch the dates off and keep a stash, using when desired, but it seems that functionality is not available in the new 'improved' system. So if you are, say, making just an in and out trip on day one but plan to jump on transit 4+ times the next day, load your day pass only on day two.

With 4 days, even if you just walk around downtown you will find a compass card will save you money - it's $2.10 for single zone vs. $2.75 cash, or $3.15 vs $4 for two zones (weekdays this is what you'll need for Richmond into town).

Also - don't be tempted to hop on a bus to Skytrain! Thanks to more problems with Compass, buses are now always a single zone fare and you only tap when boarding, not getting off - but you cannot transfer from buses to any other transit (well, obviously you can physically board, but your card will be charged again!)