Victor Bodden - WEST END VILLAGE / HALFMOON BAY

calicostorms

Hello

Just asking for some details on this tour to West End Village & Halfmoon Bay. I am thinking a bit of shopping early in the day then snorkel/beach time.

We are in port 8am to 6pm so a lot of time available.

I am thinking this tour matches up to my plans but would like if anyone can confirm this for me. Is the shopping good here and is the beach and snorkeling good? Any suggestions on restaurants in this area for lunch? Anything else that I should know that would make our time here more enjoyable?

We kind of want to do our own thing but with reliable transportation (also nice to know if we do buy some things we can put it in the vehicle for safe keeping while we go snorkeling)

thanks in advance

Hello

Just asking for some details on this tour to West End Village & Halfmoon Bay. I am thinking a bit of shopping early in the day then snorkel/beach time.

We are in port 8am to 6pm so a lot of time available.

I am thinking this tour matches up to my plans but would like if anyone can confirm this for me. Is the shopping good here and is the beach and snorkeling good? Any suggestions on restaurants in this area for lunch? Anything else that I should know that would make our time here more enjoyable?

We kind of want to do our own thing but with reliable transportation (also nice to know if we do buy some things we can put it in the vehicle for safe keeping while we go snorkeling)

thanks in advance

Better snorkeling at West Bay Beach because you can snorkel right from the beach but Half Moon is good at the points but better by boat there. West End Village is great for shopping and eating. We like to go with Rony Tours and hit West Bay Beach for snorkeling and beach time... then West End Village for shopping and food. Then whatever else Rony might suggest. Love Roatan! Have a great time!

We prefer the snorkeling from Halfmoon Bay. No beach to speak of...but, that means NO crowds or beach vendors, either!

There is a set of rock steps that you walk down and you're "at the reef!" The cover picture at the top of Bodden Tours FB page is the small beach we go to -- you can see a couple of snorkelers in the photo, too.

When we're looking for a beautiful beach, we definitely do West Bay Beach -- it's the beach where all the cruise excursions go, where most of the resort are located, tons of beach vendors and the reef is about 30 yards from shore.

At my age, I'd rather just step down a few stairs and be at the reef...then go enjoy the beach vibe at West Bay! It's just a matter of preference... you'll have a great day regardless of where you go.

We prefer the snorkeling from Halfmoon Bay. No beach to speak of...but, that means NO crowds or beach vendors, either!

There is a set of rock steps that you walk down and you're "at the reef!" The cover picture at the top of Bodden Tours FB page is the small beach we go to -- you can see a couple of snorkelers in the photo, too.

When we're looking for a beautiful beach, we definitely do West Bay Beach -- it's the beach where all the cruise excursions go, where most of the resort are located, tons of beach vendors and the reef is about 30 yards from shore.

At my age, I'd rather just step down a few stairs and be at the reef...then go enjoy the beach vibe at West Bay! It's just a matter of preference... you'll have a great day regardless of where you go.

Just to be clear when OZ says Half Moon Bay he/she means Half Moon Bay Resort doesn't have a beach. Half Moon Bay most definitely has a beach.

This is a older pic, but it gives you and idea of where the bay, reef and beach are.

Half-moon-bay-5.jpg