Cruising to South America - which cruise line?

Aussie Tripster

If you're cruising in February 2018, check to see which cruise lines are doing overnight stays in Rio during Carnival. I sailed 12 or 13-nights onboard Celebrity Infinity, starting in Buenos Aires, with calls into Montevideo, Buzios, Portobello, 3 overnight stays in Rio for Carnival, and then returned to Buenos Aires for another overnight onboard.

We are looking at this cruise for next Feb. How did you like the Carnaval 3 night stay? Did you feel you were really able to enjoy that experience from a cruise ship?

I did that research already. I was initially booked on HAL for March 2018 going from west to east as had been suggested by many people. After a few months, HAL cancelled my cruise so I was left scrambling. I did not want to be on the ship for 3 weeks, we felt like 2 weeks on the ship was enough for us as we usually do pre and post cruise. I also wanted to continue the west to east route so I had certain criteria I wanted to preserve.

We are now going on Feb. 14 from Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Emerald Princess. I'm not a travel agent nor do I now or ever work in the travel industry but what I like to do is get groups of people together to get group rates/amenities. I also like to set up ahead of time private excursions and after my group signs up (16 of us) than I'll open it up for the Roll Call group on CC.

I have been on the Celebrity and didn't care for it as much as the HAL ships. I do like the smaller size and wish that the Emerald was smaller but after comparing the two, I decided, and my travel agent helped me, that we would be going on the Emerald.

I would like to do Igauzu Falls and trying to find information on the best way to do it.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me: janeschwalm@gmail.com

Jane

• 2 months later...