Enchantment Review 10/10/05

lfeather

This was our third cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas, first since the lengthening of the ship. (I don't call it a refurb because only the new section of the ship is new.) We have cruised with RCCL many times and I have to say this was probably the worst cruise we have taken with them. Our main complaint is that we had the worst dining room service ever. The food was mediocre at best. Not sure why it was this way because we have been on this ship before and that was not our experience either of those times.

Another issue was disembarking. Being a Diamond member we are supposed to have priority for getting off the ship. We did have that priority, after the 400 Express Walk Off vouchers were given to other guests to get off first.

There were other bright spots, Chops was excellent and we had a great cabin steward. This ship really looks nice with the new section. Alot more room on the pool deck. We had great weather, which we were very thankful for.

We are booked to go on the Enchantment again next October, but at this point we are reconsidering.

I remember having this problem though I can't remember which ship

I was on. We were waiting in the lounge supposedly to be the first

to disembark and we see all these other people getting of the ship first.

It made us kind of upset since that is supposed to be one of the

"perks" of being a diamond member. What do you have to do to

get an "express voucher"? I wouldn't mind a few people needing to

get off early but 400 sounds a bit much.

We had the same complaint on the Jewel this past April. I spoke to Guest Relations about it being advertised as a perk and she really didn't know what I was talking about. I wrote a very complimentry letter about the whole cruise and mentioned at the end about Diamond not getting priority disembarkation and the person who wrote back did not mention it even though I had enclosed the papers about when to disembark with Diamonds being third off.

We did write a letter to RCCL to let them know how completely disappointed we were with this cruise. In the letter I commented on the supposed "benefits" of being a Diamond. Let's face it there really are very few real perks for being Diamond, other than the discount and getting on the ship in your own line. We always joke that the concierge clubs' representative is now your own personal concierge to tell you "No". The last couple of cruises we have been on they have been able to do nothing for us. We were on the Navigator this spring and tried to get into Chops or Portofino's....nothing. Our timeframe was fairly flexible too.

I think this is an area the RCCL really needs to pay some attention to.

It was my understanding that the 400 or so walk off passengers must carry all their luggage off with them. As a Diamond Plus member (32) I would much prefer to have RCI handle the bags while I wait comfortably in the specially reserved waiting lounge. This is what we did on our recent Enchantment cruise. By the way, I loved what they have done with the ship. The newly designed Windjammer is much nicer than the old style. It's more like the ones on the Radiance and Voyager classes.

Archived