Future NCL booking - advice please

wemdym

Sailing on Ncl Epic later in the year and already have my eye on an Ncl cruise for next year. Is is better to book my next cruise whilst on board this year? what sort of deals do you get? Or should I just wait and book online through Ncl website?

I think this really depends on what prices are on the cruise you want to take. If you know the ship or itinerary you want and there is a price you are happy with, go ahead and book it. You can always buy cruise certificates when you are on board and apply them to a 3rd cruise in the future.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Your usage of the word "whilst" leads me to assume you're from the UK. If so, I believe your best bet would be to hold off on reserving on the ship unless you know the exact date you want to cruise.

There was someone about a month or two ago from the UK who booked a cruise way in the future with the intention of changing it later, however there are limitations on how many times UK cruisers are allowed to change their itineraries, so the OP was stuck and really upset.

I would do a search on the CruiseNext (or whatever the future cruise certificates are called now) and read up on that post.

Hi, I really appreciate your feedback everyone. Yes we are from the UK and have a specific date in June next year. I have been on the Epic twice before and already have a cruiseNext voucher. Its whether to book now and gain extra latitude points or wait until we cruise in October to see if I could get a better deal without the extra points I guess.

I booked THREE cruises earlier this year - one of which, the minute it was released online.(EPIC Fall 2017 - missed the opportunity for 2016 so sure not missing it for 2017!).

I did use a Future cruise deposit to book the first of the three (80 days and counting the hours!).

ALL are now MUCH higher in price. Our Getaway TA in April 2017 - same cabin - same flights - price is now up by over £1700 :eek:

Not sure if buying now with the weak £ offers the best deal - However if you think the price is good, don't hang off for the future cruise deposit etc - Take the deal and then buy your FCD on board for the next one.

There was someone about a month or two ago from the UK who booked a cruise way in the future with the intention of changing it later, however there are limitations on how many times UK cruisers are allowed to change their itineraries, so the OP was stuck and really upset.

I've changed my booking 3 times so far. Originally on the Gem, switched to Getaway for Baltic cruise and then switched the date of that as the price had dropped by £120. I was offered an upgrade from aft to spa or keep cabin and pay £70 admin fee saving £50 which is what I took. I was told if the price drops you can upgrade cabin otherwise their is the admin charge. Evidently you cannot lower the price at the original booking without paying the charge. I was lucky that I kept the original dollar rate of $1.50. I would not like to book a cruise today and get $1.29.

If you plan to cruise NCL again within 4 years, then always get a CruiseNnext certificate, or two. They do allow use of two at sporadic times. There is no discount for booking your next cruise on the ship. So, unless your specific situation, requires it, never book on board. There is no benefit. Let's say you'll be on this cruise over the end of a month, and you're concerned your promo's are going away. Then book it. Or, you want extra points for 9 months out, that coming up prior to getting home, then book it. Otherwise, take their information, mull it over at home, just like you probably did for the cruise on. Then book at your convenience, not theirs.

Forgot to ask how many times can we change a booking?

If you book on board you can only change it two times. If you get a cruise next certificate you can apply it to any cruise and use it as your full deposit. If you end up canceling within the alotted time you can get your certificate back- like if you put $$ down. :)