Carnival Excursion Question

lasvegascruising

I am trying to figure out the difference between two excursions that Carnival has.

1. Shark, Rays, Barrier Reef Snorkel & Island Escape, $94.99(adult), three choices for departure time

2. Shark, Ray & Island Getaway, $104.99(adult), one departure time.

I have read the reviews for each excursion on the Carnival site. Customers mentioned that they snorkeled on both excursions. I thought this may have been the difference since it's not noted in #2's description. They both go to Caye Caulker but sounds like they dock at different spots. Does anyone know what other differences there are? I'm leaning towards #2 as the reviews were much better. Thanks for any info.

I have no idea why they list two. Been trying to figure that one our for a while. GREAT, GREAT Excursion! Best one for Belize... no doubt. Call Carnival Excursion desk and they should be able to tell you the difference.

Also, when you do this tour, you do not need to order from the menu that you are provided and don't have to eat where they eat. Many great and better places to eat on Caye Caulker. And cheaper. Keep that in mind.

BrotherCraig

Do you suggest booking this excursion through Carnival or trying to find an independent tour(to save a little $$). I wanted to find out if the Carnival trip starts right at the ship or does the trip start at the pier(have to tender in). Thanks for the heads up on lunch. I would rather get to Caye Caulker and find a little spot that looks good for lunch.

lasvegascruising,

See my response to your post on the Carnival board, unless it gets moved here.

Read the reviews on the Carnival excursion site. Appears to me that both go to the tender pier and the newer one goes to CC via a water taxi or another boat, not the snorkel boat. Original excursion went to Lazy Lizard for lunch (recently heavily damaged in hurricane and may not be open). New one goes to Las Olas and they take your order while snorkeling. IMAO do the one you did before.

If you want a nice place on the water go to the Rainbow Grill. For good food and a bit more rustic atmosphere head for Roses Grill just down Front street fromt he water taxi dock. Away from the water divey place with excellent food is Errolyn's house of Fry jacks on Pasero.

Any private vendor will pick up from the tender pier. And most likely drop you back at the tender pier.