shore excurtions for Norwegian spirit

krepler52

Hi.

My wife and I, are going on our first cruise, on sept 18th with Norwegian spirit 12 days ,from Venice to Barcelona. We are having a challenging time, finding a good deal on shore excursion packages. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but we could use some help, and advice as to where to find the best deal on shore excursions.

Thanks Fred

Welcome to CC. You need to find your roll call as suggested above and your fellow cruisers will have some ideas. Also look at the ports you are visiting on this site and you will find great tips.

Edited by SimplyCool

I am registered and have found my roll call itinerary, but I`m not sure if I posted to others on the same cruise that we are on. How can I check? I did receive a return email.

thx

I do not see that you have posted on the Roll Call.

Click this link and them click "Post Reply" to post on your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2191864

Get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports. He will tell you how to DIY your ports, from the time you walk down the gangway to when you return. You might find some ports do not need an excursion package. For instance, Kotor. Lovely little walled Old City, just walk around, have a snack at an outdoor cafe, buy a souvenir. Step inside the old churches. Be on deck for the sail in down the fjord. EM

We have been searching tour packages and have decided on Athens, Livorno, Rome, and Naples, Pompei and amalfi coast, but can`t seem to find a package that would put these stops together. Also what are others doing for Dubrovnik getting a tour or just getting transportation to walking the old city?

thanks Fred

we were on the Barcelona to Venice Spirit cruise July 18 and 4 years ago the reverse itinery

both reviews are in the links ay the bottom of my post which gives great detail of our cruises and the private tour operators we used

will be very happy to answer any specific questions