What if my price drops?

jelomu

We are seriously thinking of booking a NCL trip in May 2017. There are the free beverage package and free friends and family that we'd like to use!

I have only cruised with Carnival before,

And if the price drops then we can apply for the credit. Does NCL do this as well?

If the price drops before final payment is due, then you can ask and get the new price. However, if you have a promotional package and it is not the same or being offered with the new price, you probably will lose that. So you would have to do the math and decide what is worth more. After final payment, no, although you can ask for and maybe get a small amount of OBC or maybe a slight room upgrade. But you won't get the new price.

To quite a former POTUS, "I feel your pain."...lol

We are going through this same situation right now with an NCL cruise we booked about 2 weeks ago. We booked it for one price & that price has dropped twice since then. I should have followed my gut and waited (as I usually do) but we had previously booked the airfare a few months back so I didn't want to lose the cruise.

Roger is spot on with his advice. That's exactly what the NCL manager I talked to said to us. If you're less than 90 days out from the cruise and the price drops your options are VERY limited. I've emailed my CC expressing my dissatisfaction and he's said he'll see what he can do with getting us bumped up, OBC or some type of compensation. But they will NOT adjust the price.

I'll post something in a month or so after we've returned from the cruise on what NCL did or didn't do for us. Wish us luck!

Tom K.

The inability to get price drops after final payment date is pretty standard across the industry. I think it's pretty generous that they allow them before 90 days out seeing how my airfare has dropped by $80 pp, we are more than 90 days out, and there's no option for getting the new price.

Carnival offers the early booker option and no ncl doesn't offer that. But believes carnivals program doesn't allow free cancellation prior to final payment if you cancel more than 90 day out AND your price adjustment is in obc, not cash. So it's an ok program but not necessarily better.